Corsair Community

Glaive...fps?

hastegag

Avid Corsair product user...considering getting a Glaive in the coming months for an upcoming lan party so I can crush everyone :D:, but I'm not sure it is for me. Any advice?

I have a k95 at work and at home and a scimitar at work and at home for productivity and I use a Logitech Dedalus Apex 303 mouse for competitive gaming.

At work i have a polaris mm800 (the RGB non cloth one) and at home for competitive gaming I have a Logitech mouse pad not sure of the model number, but it works well. Both my polaris and logitech pad sit atop the largest non frey gaming mat for comfort and so as not to damage desk surfaces.

Even the scimitar isn't bad in single player stuff, but in games like Reflex etc, its not the best choice unless you are in-human.

I circle jump using the middle mouse click for jump (unlike most people who use mouse 2), so that tactile sensation with middle mouse click is important to me for this purpose. The DPI customization is nice and it appears to afford two side buttons on the left same as my apex. Because i unfortunately have a longstanding habit of using middle mouse for jump, I don't really have the added button convenience of dpi button, but that also exists on the apex. I am not a rock-star FPS player, but I do take it pretty seriously :biggrin:. Any thoughts appreciated, would I be better off looking at the M65 era devices? The 1 dpi increments are of interest plus the lighting is a nice touch.

If anyone does recommend the Glaive for competitive fps, any mouse surface suggestions/preferences?

Current home office/gaming setup here (embarrassing card table - pending a built in I haven't decided on yet) :o:

Appreciate any advice so I can grab the best option for me.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I was going to ask a similar question.. FPS also.. I mainly play Counter Strike.

Glaive RGB vs M65 Pro RGB FPS.. 16,000 DPI vs 12,000 DPI. I don't really need all that. But I wonder which of the two people like better?

Can the side DPS button be deactivated in CUE? I have a Logitech G502 now and when pressing the left mouse button it will often change my DPI. Many many many times ruining my game or a good play I had coming.

PS - How do you like that hard surface RGB pad? I want to get it.

RE: the hard surface polaris from corsair, I love it for productivity. I know that sounds absurd, but it is often hard to tell with smart taskbars which is the active application. Cue manages this wonderfully and some of my cross application profiles have similar color schemes, but Excel gives me a wonderful green pop and Google Earth a different green pop, out look blue, word different blue etc.

I am not sure it is the best FPS mouse pad, but certainly not incapable, i have played as well on it as what i use with some software adjustment and my only complaint is that if you are not careful about mouse management, it can be an issue with the cord where the usb plug is (which is a sick feature in and of itself when i play gta v or driving games on it so i can plug in a Bluetooth radio for a ps4 dual shock controller (rare now that i leave it at the office but i digress). I actually got mine at best buy for like 40~ USD which at the time was a special and i have owned it for maybe 10 months? but i think you can get the same deal in general if you wait for a special.

Regarding one of your other questions, the buttons can totally be de actived in cue, ppl rag on the software but its dope. At least you can deactivate the buttons on the scimitar, so i cant see how that wouldn't work for the glaive

I have a M65 RGB laser, M65 RGB Pro, and a Glaive. In comparison to your 303, the Glaive is going to be feel big and slightly heavy for competitive gaming. I love the M65 and it is perfect for my finger-tip grip I prefer for gaming. The Glaive is very comfortable, balanced, and offers someone with a larger hands a chance to rest the palm a little. However, unless palm is your preferred grip style, it may feel unwieldy in comparison to a 303. It tracks very well on cloth it appears slightly better than M65 Pro on cloth, but that is splitting hairs and could easily change based on surface type or be a factor of the amount of use the Pro has received. The Glaive is comfortable, good scroll wheel, and I really like it for desk work and general play. It's a nice feel when my hands are cramping from too time at this desk.

As for the M65 Pro, I really like the mouse and it is the only one of the small to mid-size set I can use. I had a 303 for a short while, but it is hopelessly tiny for me, even in fingertip mode. I am not sure I would rate a tracking difference, but I also do not play in low DPS on a huge surface. I find the M65 perfect for shooters, but there may be a sticking point. The scroll wheel has a rubber track that is absolutely better than what you get on G502 and more tactile than a 303, however there is a 'cushiony' feel to it when depressed. It is not a straight hard click like the Glaive (which has an excellent scroll wheel). I am used to it, but your finger is likely to slide a little forward or back when depressed. I generally use mouse 3 for things like area loot, scanner, or other non-time critical functions. I don't know how I would feel about jumping with it.

As for the side "sniper button", I never use it for that and it can be reprogrammed in CUE to most any other key. You cannot do this directly in game and it must done through the software. It is a direct feel button and I always re-purpose it to something useful like heal, block, etc. It also gives me a critical 3rd mouse button I always seem to need. My hands are too big for MMO mice like the G602 or Scimitar. In fact, it is that third button option that keeps me using it no matter how many more mice I bring in.

The M65 pro is can be found for a very reasonable price these days, so it might be worth a shot. Also note the color options are more than they appear. The black is matte with a smooth plastic top and lightly textured sides. The white has that glossy slick top that some people hate. However, I am in the other camp. The white gets increased grip when you have just that little bit of moisture on your fingers. This is not true of the black. I really prefer the white slick surface and the sides are still fully textured. This is definitely a user specific preference, so I am not sure I can direct you one way or the other, besides getting your hands on one.

Oh, I had forgotten about that one. To be clear, there are several generations of M65. The oldest version is laser and looks like this. There was a camo green and the white version from that era were a little different.

Then came the M65 RGB Laser. It has some small physical differences and improvements from the original, plus the colors. I have this in white. You will also see these with both the Wings and Sail logos as the product spanned the time when Corsair went back and forth between the logos.

The most recent is the M65 RGB Pro, which has an optical sensor, but is otherwise physically the same. On most surfaces, I don't notice a difference but I do find I prefer the last on high density or hard and the optical on soft cloth. The Pro sniper button has a touch more play, presumably to prevent unintentional presses when in tense moments. This has some merit since a lot of people will have there thumb on it for necessary balance. I have to accommodate by slightly edging my thumb back to the rear of the button.

I actually prefer my laser RGB version, mostly because of the mouse surface and the side button tension. Those older M65's may not measure up. I believe it had a different laser sensor and I do not have one on hand to do any current and meaninful evaluations. Differences between the two RGB versions are slight, at best. Since you can find these all for about the same price these days, I would lean toward the later RGB generation, unless you really want that camo green.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a M65 RGB Refurb along with a wired headset that I am hoping to use at the office with a noise cancelling mic, delivered for under $80. Im excited.

Left new headset at the office and have not un boxed, but I got my new M65 RGB seen here

I'll let you know how it games! stuck on the phone tho...:sigh!:

Left new headset at the office and have not un boxed, but I got my new M65 RGB seen here

I'll let you know how it games! stuck on the phone tho...:sigh!:

So aside from movement, which I would say out of the box I am 10% better at (pulled some a-typical for me circle jumps like stairs to mega on fusion map in reflex), I am 5x worse for now until I get the hang of it. The weight feels nice but the sensor is better, so sensitivity changed a bit in an upwards direction and i need to reduce response in game for my play style and get used to the weapon switch positions. Lost a couple 1v1s to Delemetry (who is a bad boi at reflex) but I lost 20 to 1, consecutive rounds, I usually lose to him but I also usually give him a few frags...

Trying in some other games quick now.

In the past I would have said I like a heavier mouse, but ultimately I took out all three weights on the bottom. It looks like you probably have the laser version, so there isn't a surface calibration option. Nevertheless, the laser RGB is still one of my favorites. I like the fast left-click and longer throw side sniper button, things that went away on the Pro model. I just put it on. It feels almost surgical compared to the Glaive I've been using all week. I might need to keep on for a little while.

• 7 months later...
I am curious, and I don't know if it's just me; the Glaives sensor feels terrible compared to the M65 RGB Pro -- I have been playing a lot of overwatch - I remember when I first got the mouse I was a beast. Switched to glaive, and got progressively worse. Is it the polling rate of the mouse? what is the difference between the two?

Archived