Corsair Community

Void can't update firmware to 37.03

kirayamato82

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the exact same issue...nothing i have done has helped. I am looking for the image (37.03) somewhere online to do it manually but cannot find it. Has anyone else had luck?

there is no image onine and if you brick your headset doing something like they wont replace it. Also try the USB cable that came with the device.

Try the previous version of CUE and see if you can get it to update the headset.

If it does update, make sure you uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of CUE.

You can find the previous version of CUE in zheren's FAQ thread in his signature.

I've tried using different USB ports, rolling back to previous CUE software (from 1.13.36 to 1.12.75), keeping it turned off before I click the "update firmware" option, keeping it on when I click the option...and I am using the original USB cords when I connect to my computer. I also reboot the machine after installing CUE. I also have turned off my firewall on both my antivirus and windows security features to enable CUE to reach servers.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Professional SP 1

Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset PN CA-9011135-NA

I am going to use CUE software 1.5 and then 1.9. I will report back.

Ok...1.5 did not recognize the headset but 1.9 did, however it did not update the firmware. I've also tried to directly put the USB stick into the usb port instead of going through the host adapter and that also does not work.I'm back with CUE software 1.13. It shows in windows that it recognizes the device as the VOID headset and audio is coming through the headset fine. Just won't update to the latest firmware. Anymore suggestions?

Also, I updated my bios, and all motherboard drivers today. ASUS Z97-A motherboard. Firmware upgrade function on CUE 1.13 not functioning correctly. I'm wondering why the CUE software has an image function to update if you aren't able to update it manually. Future functionality?

Just wanted to update the community on my problem. Was told to return the product to the store via the corsair tech guys via ticket number 6721565 and did so. I got a replacement unit and tried to update the firmware to 37.03 but it failed. I tried it on a different computer (still windows 7 64 bit) and still no dice. I will try it on my laptop next and see if it takes. My laptop connects to my router wirelessly whereas my other three machines connect via wires to a switch which then connects to the verizon wireless router. Im hoping its just a network thing...would hate to think Best Buy in Nashua NH is stocked with a bunch of bad units.

Also, I disabled the device signature enforcement and went to try to update the software again. It did not update the firmware.

The Corsair tech guys sent me the firmware image (yellowjacket) for me to load manually (not connect to servers). It still won't update. Therefore, I do not believe it is a network issue. It seems to be a communication problem between the CUE software and the Void headset.

• 2 weeks later...

says the log:

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Created new device object: VOID Wireless; ready: 0

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Attached to device object VOID Wireless: b=1 a=1

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Attached to device object VOID Wireless: b=1 a=5

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Initializing VOID Wireless...

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=1b1c pid=1b28 not found.

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=1b1c pid=1b28 not found.

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Initialized (st=1) VOID Wireless.

[2016-01-31T12:29:49]: Device insertion processing complete for VOID Wireless.

[2016-01-31T12:30:01]: Firmware Download: Aborting idle process not supported.

[2016-01-31T12:30:40]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=1b1c pid=1b28 not found.

[2016-01-31T12:30:41]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=1b1c pid=1b28 not found.

[2016-01-31T12:30:54]: Firmware Download: Aborting idle process not supported.

I can use the headset without any problem, just its doesnt update firmware.

Archived