Corsair Community

Problems with profile switching

TeoJaM

Hi all,

I just upgraded from old Cue 1.x to newer iCUE 3.9.93 on Windows 10.

I have a K70RGB keyboard and a Sabre RGB Mouse.

I'm trying to replicate the setup I had with older software but I have some problems.

I created 3 profiles:

- a StaticRed one, to be used when the computer is locked or when I turn it on

- a StaticWhite one, with button press effetcs for normal use

- and a transition effect to slowly switch each row of the keyboard from red to white after a login or an unlock.

I've sent to devices the static red profile, and when I lock the computer they correctly light red. But when I turn on the computer they directly go to the StaticWhite profile.

I've also added, in the Actions section a profile change from StaticRed -> Transition -> StaticWhite but it des not seem to be used and I don't understand how to apply it.

Does anyone have any good suggestion?

Thank you.

The hardware profiles (HW) and software profiles in iCUE do not interact. HW profiles are active when iCUE/CUE is not running. Software profiles always take priority when it is running. You need to duplicate your static red profile to a standard profile in iCUE if you want access to it when on the desktop with the software running. I am not sure how you intended to make it switch between profiles, other than by binding a profile switch key.

Thank you for your reply.

What I want to obtain is:

Computer just switched on or locked: static red lights profile

Login: transition sequence and then static white profile

With the old CUE 1.x I was able to have it to work, but I don't remember how because I made that setup almost 2 years ago and I lost the settings when I updated the system and installed the new iCUE.

Actually I partially got what I want: I successfully integrated the transition and static white profiles in one profile that works, adjusting the priorities within light effects and timings.

There is only an issue remaining: when I lock the computer it goes correctly to the static red and returns to static white at login, but when I turn on the computer it switches to static white just after windows starts.

Do you know if there is a way to set up a profile to start after windows login?

My mouse Corsair Scimitar is having the same problem with profiles. The DPI switching all time after that update. Idk how to solve that. We need help!

If you have multiple profiles you have to set the starting DPI for each one in iCUE, otherwise it start with the default setting each time you switch profile

Do you know if there is a way to set up a profile to start after windows login?

Whichever software profile is on the top of the profile list in iCUE will be the default profile. You can change this at any time simply by dragging a new profile to the top. No “save” required. The “default” profile created when you installed iCUE has no special properties and can be renamed, modified, or deleted without consequence. Remember none of these profiles will be active during the boot cycle or when locked — that’s when the hardware profiles are in command.

Archived