Corsair Community

Balanced Profile at 1500 RPM with latest version of Link

nugget28

Hey,

Just "upgraded" to the latest version of link as v2 was causing me a BSOD when idle.

With the latest version my H110i is alot louder. In balanced mode in idle it is hitting 1450-1550RPM. Quiet mode has the fans running at 950RPM and the CPU temp is 26*C in both of these modes.

Is this normal/expected in from this version of link?

By default, the fan speed is linked to coolant temperature and those are the values you need to analyze. This is referred to as "H110i Temp" in Link, usually toward the end of the list. Environment plays a large factor in your resting coolant temp value, so if you are finishing up a long, cold Winter, you sometimes are startled by the transition back to warmer weather and higher coolant temps. Regardless, the higher speeds are generally not needed and you can set up a custom curve to run softer on the ears.

First, lets find out what kinds of coolant temperature you have and make sure your fan configuration is linked the "H110i GT Temp Group" as the control variable.

By default, the fan speed is linked to coolant temperature and those are the values you need to analyze. This is referred to as "H100i v2 Temp" in Link, usually toward the end of the list. Environment plays a large factor in your resting coolant temp value, so if you are finishing up a long, cold Winter, you sometimes are startled by the transition back to warmer weather and higher coolant temps. Regardless, the higher speeds are generally not needed and you can set up a custom curve to run softer on the ears.

First, lets find out what kinds of coolant temperature you have and make sure your fan configuration is linked the "H100i v2 Temp Group" as the control variable.

Coolant tempreture appears to be mid 20's and I have ensured that they are linked to the H110i for each fan.

Please see setup below, it appears to be moving up and down so I believe there is some hard line temperature causing this.

edit: RPM is not usually that high.

After manually setting each fan to balance (even though that was the global profile) and reapplying it the settings individually it appears to be settling around the 1400 rpm mark.

temps.thumb.jpg.3a15d01c7fc71f905969ac31e412a011.jpg

Yes, it looks like the fans maxed out for no particular reason. When you shuttle between Quiet and Performance mode, do the fans drop? What about a custom curve or fixed rpm or %? If the fans are still stuck, try unplugging both fans from the Y-Splitter and then reconnecting.

Which version of Link is this? If you fully exit Link from the task bar, do the fans return to normal?

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, it looks like the fans maxed out for no particular reason. When you shuttle between Quiet and Performance mode, do the fans drop? What about a custom curve or fixed rpm or %? If the fans are still stuck, try unplugging both fans from the Y-Splitter and then reconnecting.

Which version of Link is this? If you fully exit Link from the task bar, do the fans return to normal?

Thats correct they change depending on profile and drop. Its not stuck but looks like the way the profiles are setup.

Latest version of the app 4.9.7.35

If I exit the app the fans just stay on whatever was last set, i.e. performance will leave them running at 1800 rpm.

i also feel the latest version of corsair link raised the RPM of silent/default modes, used to be 550RPM, now 950RPM..

is this being looked at?

Of which device? You have no system details posted and you aren't specifying what RPM you are talking about or what device.

I'm sorry dude ... I'd like to help you but I failed mind reading in kindergarten (much to my wife's dismay, I might add). ;):

In the default profiles, the fan speeds for the pumps are going to be based on the coolant temperature. This, in turn, will be affected by CPU temperature over time as well as ambient and internal case temperatures. Just a couple degrees variation in these temps would certainly explain what you are seeing - and this would be normal with the season change.

So ... it's tough to say if what you are seeing is normal without additional information.

So you are saying that the Default option I use for both fans is actually not something that Corsair Link will vary when it comes to the RPM, rather as if I did not have the utility at all.

Indeed the season changes can affect it but I did not belive that by such margin..

We are saying Quiet/Balanced/Performance (Extreme) all have data points like any other curve. Stating your fans are running faster or slower has no meaning unless you specifically note the exact coolant temperature and the speed. I don't think any of us have bothered to try and create a graphical representation of the curves since nearly all of us use custom curves in most circumstances. Frankly, that is what I would recommend to you as well. We can spend hours trying to figure it out, or you can make a custom curve exactly how you like it, for your noise tolerances and environmental conditions. If they don't follow the custom curve, that is another issue and see below.

@Nugget28 - All that said, your fan behavior appears to be erratic or non-rule following. There is no way the fans should be touching 2000 rpm at 27C coolant temp or any temp in that range. This is not a "curve change", but some kind of software glitch or hardware problem. This we should sort out.

1) If you create a custom curve, with more tolerable fan speeds, will the cooler follow it?

2) If not, go into C: Program Data (hidden folder)/CLINK4 and copy that to the desktop or somewhere safe as a backup. Then uninstall Link and check the box to delete the configuration settings. Then reinstall 4.7 (without the old profiles yet) and see if it behaves. If yes, then you can drop the old folder with the profiles back into the original place (with Link not running). If still no, then you should go back to 4.6 or try iCUE so we can sort this as software or hardware issue.

Archived