The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 939315
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpmbpmbpmbp View Post
But first I have to mail it in before they'll ship me a new one
You can ask for an express RMA where they'll send the replacement first (dependent on a CC charge as collateral).

Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 PM

POST ID # = 942538
Skogkatt_ Reputation: 10

The same thing happen to me with exact 1 year of use with this model (RGB K70).

I have another K90 Vengance with more than 4 years and 0 issues.

I have sent a ticket asking for the K + Block mayus replacements for my K70 RGB.

I hope they give me a solution because if not I will never buy a Corsair product.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:24 PM

POST ID # = 942818

They told me that they have sent me the replacements and will arrive in 3 weeks.

I will post when those keycaps arrives. They have answered very quick so until now I am so happy with the given support.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:47 PM

POST ID # = 944099

Hi,

Just to inform everybody that I have received the keys today. My first experience with Corsair support could not be better!.

Thanks.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:03 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944536
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Just buy a set of the PBT Corsair keycaps. I bought the black set and the white set and ended up preferring the white one. The black one is sitting unused in the box.

I could make you a good deal on it. ;)

Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 AM

POST ID # = 945437
Alexuk Reputation: 10

Got a CH-9101012-UK K70 RGB LUX Cherry MX Brown keyboard last year, and a lot of my keys are starting to get cracks on the + bit. Namely Z, ~, X, C, pretty much any key I use in gaming that I press from an uneven angle (for example I use ~ for push to talk and as such it's pressed at an angle with my pinkie as the rest of my fingers on the left hand handle WASD).

I got Z replaced via customer support, but with so many more others getting cracked I don't know what to do. I've used keyboards for over 2 decades and these cheap plastic keys are the fist to have ever broken on me. I am quite disappointed having paid 200$ on a keyboard just to have it break like this. Staying away from Corsair keyboards in the future, that's for sure

Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 945592
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Have you tried reaching out to customer service again? As you saw before, replacement keycaps can be sent out to you so you won't be without a keyboard.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:10 PM

POST ID # = 963791
gstrange42 Reputation: 10

This has happened to me with several keys now, I put it down to skimping on manufacturing and shaving a bit of the underside of the keys so the supporting areas are brittle. Looking at this it's quite common, and could be considered a manufacturing defect, or a batch issue during production.

I have come up with a solution to this problem. If you manage to save the bits, a small dab of super glue and some bicarbonate of soda sprinkled on to reinforce the stem. Just make sure you don't get glue inside the +. I do this by resting the broken bits in place then dabbing super glue on the barrel part of the + then sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on it to dry fast and add some reinforcement material.

It's worked for all the caps I have managed to save the bits for.

Also, this has nothing to do with the way a person types as I have has many cherry MX keyboards and this is the only one to break like this.

Mine is a CH-9101010-UK K70 RGB LUX Cherry MX Red.

I previously had a K70 with Cherry Red with single colour LEDs and that was fine with no broken keycaps.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:14 PM

POST ID # = 963793
Alexuk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrange42 View Post
This has happened to me with several keys now, I put it down to skimping on manufacturing and shaving a bit of the underside of the keys so the supporting areas are brittle. Looking at this it's quite common, and could be considered a manufacturing defect, or a batch issue during production.

I have come up with a solution to this problem. If you manage to save the bits, a small dab of super glue and some bicarbonate of soda sprinkled on to reinforce the stem. Just make sure you don't get glue inside the +. I do this by resting the broken bits in place then dabbing super glue on the barrel part of the + then sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on it to dry fast and add some reinforcement material.

It's worked for all the caps I have managed to save the bits for.

Also, this has nothing to do with the way a person types as I have has many cherry MX keyboards and this is the only one to break like this.

Mine is a CH-9101010-UK K70 RGB LUX Cherry MX Red.

I previously had a K70 with Cherry Red with single colour LEDs and that was fine with no broken keycaps.
Yeah, I did the same thing with the keys that had a cracked stem before I bought the PBT set. super glue helped but I dunno how that will help in the long run as it might make the plastic brittle. Regardless, every time someone asks me for advice on what keyboard to get, I just tell them I have had to superglue-fix my old keys if they are considering Corsair

Old 09-23-2018, 11:44 AM
LukeG224's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973882
LukeG224 Reputation: 10

I have the K70 LUX with brown switches. From the caps I have checked, I have at least 10 broken around the stem. Bought the keyboard last year in July. My brother has the Strafe and has had for at least 2 years with no broken caps.

Contacted support today. Hoping I won't have to replace my entire keyboard as I really don't a refurb (assuming I would get a refurb).

Did anyone have an option to get a key cap set from Support instead of getting the entire keyboard replaced?

Old 11-08-2018, 11:29 PM

POST ID # = 979577
0z0n3 Reputation: 10

I’ve got this board, barely used compared to other ones I still have. I’m super careful with my gear, I’ve got over 70% of my keys with cracks or fractures, several completely broken including replacement 5 keys they sent. I resubmitted my ticket with pics, I’m under 2 yrs with this. Here’s the absolute garbage response I received.

“After reviewing the issue with the keycaps. The amount of broken keycaps is in line with wear and tear usage of the keycaps. Wear and tear is not part of warranty policy. You can review our warranty policy from our website: http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty”

This is NOT normal wear and tear, look at how many other people have the same issue! I’ve had a slew of other boards, never a broken key cap. Decide to pony up to a supposedly nice board from Corsair...thinking my great experience with their other products would fare similar results. TOTALLY Disappointed!

Old 11-12-2018, 04:53 AM
GFXdude's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980033
GFXdude Reputation: 10
Default Stop hitting your keyboard

I really think you are tabbing your keyboard too hard!

Old 11-29-2018, 07:11 PM

POST ID # = 982805
jaggafeen Reputation: 10

my k70 rgb arrived 3 days ago since it arrived every day the pageup and end keys keep falling off, today i organised a return to the seller. I thought corsair were producing high end products.....i wont make that mistake again. and they have the audacity to call it standard wear and tear i do not mash the keyboard at all and i am very gentle with my typing.

Last edited by jaggafeen; 11-29-2018 at 07:18 PM.