Corsair Community

ML 120 fan needing fan hub?

mmfish

Corsair RGB fans have two power wires --- one for fan power/speed control and one for RGB lighting power/control. If the fan power wire is connected to the motherboard or other fan controller, the fans works. It won't light up until you deal with the RGB requirements, but it will spin and be controllable.

A ML120 PRO is non-RGB so just the standard 4 pin female connector. No other requirements aside from the 12v.

Corsair RGB fans have two power wires --- one for fan power/speed control and one for RGB lighting power/control. If the fan power wire is connected to the motherboard or other fan controller, the fans works. It won't light up until you deal with the RGB requirements, but it will spin and be controllable.

A ML120 PRO is non-RGB so just the standard 4 pin female connector. No other requirements aside from the 12v.

Not so, I have 2 ML 120 Pro RGB fans with only one cord that has a four female connection. Please explain how that can control both the fan speed and RGB with only one cord and I guess that needs to be inserted into a fan hub thank you. ( RMN number: RWF0029) somebody from Corsair needs to chime in on this as it contradicts things that they've said in terms of two cables for any fan that uses RGB and power. Not this product according to the box and according to what the fan looks like.

Are you sure that they are RGB fans and not just the ML 120 LED (non-RGB)?

All of the RGB fans - and I have ALL of them - have 2 connectors and the RGB is controlled via a separate cable. In fact, the 4-pin standard fan control doesn't have the capability to send data to control RGB.

See the attached photos box says RGB Fan only 1 cable, someone bought these to put in the rgb box and return to newegg getting refund for rgb not no led ML fans, newegg in turn shipped these out to me not knowing what they are. Good news newegg accepted the return and will overnight replacements. Unfortunate nature of computer building. I recommended to anyone reading this :don't discard any component packaging or boxes until all assembled and working.

See the attached photos box says RGB Fan only 1 cable, someone bought these to put in the rgb box and return to newegg getting refund for rgb not no led ML fans, newegg in turn shipped these out to me not knowing what they are. Good news newegg accepted the return and will overnight replacements. Unfortunate nature of computer building. I recommended to anyone reading this :don't discard any component packaging or boxes until all assembled and working.

What attached photo box?

As for the newegg issue ... that's totally bogus on their part. I'm glad that they are making it right.

Also ... if you actually included a picture of the back sticker of the fan (where it has the amperage rating), it will have the Corsair Part Number. That'll tell exactly what fan you have.

Archived