Corsair Community

SPEC-OMEGA RGB Case with Commander Pro Help

Hi,

I am looking to buy the SPEC-OMEGA RGB case with the Commander Pro but I am realizing some difficulty understanding how I should be connecting the whole thing since there is some sort of Lighting Node Pro and I want to connect the Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fans (Three Pack) which I will get two of those sets, where one set would go on my Corsair H150i Pro and the other set will go on the top and back of my case. Including that I will buy a pack of Corsair RGB LED Lightning Pro Expansion Kit. If someone would kindly make a diagram on all these connecting shenanigans, much will be appreciated.

, ZinoZeek

The SpecOmega comes with a NoPro that lets you control the case RGB as well as a couple of HD fans (so you have an RGB fan hub as well). As I understand it (and I don't have a Spec Omega RGB), one channel on the NoPro that comes with the case is for the case itself, the other channel can be for your fans. You'll need one more channel then (for your strips). You won't need to purchase multiple 3-packs of the fans if the singles are less expensive (they should be).

So ... the case comes with a special edition Lighting Node Pro. You'll want to keep that. It has 2 channels, 1 of which is open. You're adding a Commander Pro ... you'll have 2 more channels with that.

That's a total of 3 open channels and you need 1 of them for the LL fans and 1 for the strips. That'll leave you with 1 additional channel open.

If I understand, you're saying that I should leave the special Node Pro connected to the front LED and separately buy the Commander Pro and buy and put the case fans and LED's on the Commander, no need connecting the the Node Pro to the Commander Pro, right?

You may need to connect the NoPro's USB connection to the Commander Pro. But for LED, the NoPro and the CoPro do the same thing.

Have you taken a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature? If not, I suggest that you do so. It may help clear some things up.

So my best bet is to connect the Node Pro USB 2.0 wire to the Commander Pro, and put the fan hub and leds on the Led slots of the Commander Pro and also the PMW wires from the fan on the Commander Pro

The LEDs ... don't matter but putting them on the CoPro may be easier for you to configure.

The 3 radiator fan PWM connectors should be connected to the fan itself. Other than that, yes, they should be connected to the CoPro.

Archived