Corsair Community

New Corsair One Pro Ti - Stuck on Bios

pianodigits

Hello,

I recently bought a brand new corsair one Pro, the TI verison, from a Swedish reseller. Forgive me if my english is not 100%. Received it yesterday.

When I first started the PC it got me into the windows configuration/welcome setup as you do with any new prebuilt PCs. Windows then downloaded the new updates and did the install automatically since it was required.

However after the PC restarted after finishing the win10 update installation, it booted into BIOS. And has since been stuck in the BIOS.

Please watch the video:

https://streamable.com/i2hsy

If I try to press F8 to get into recovery - It will go into Bios.

If I try to press F11 and choose a bootup, the only available one is the Bios setup.

I am by no means hardware knowledgeable and always buy prebuilt PCs so forgive me if I am way out of my head, but it seems to me that the Bios cannot find the SSD disk and can only find only the 2TB drive? That's why it's stuck because it cannot boot into the SSD drive?

HX4iykF.jpg

Must I send the PC back, or is there anything I can do? Right now, it's just a 3k $ brick and I'm utterly disappointed. :(

Some suggestions:

Note: If you have a different keyboard and mouse available, use a different keyboard and mouse.

1) Unplug power cord, ethernet cord, and every accessory from the PC. Mouse, Keyboard, Display...etc.

2) Push the power button once, hold it for 10 seconds and let go.

3) Push the power button one more time, normally.

4) Wait one full minute.

5) Plug everything back in.

6) Turn on the PC.

7) See if it boots up normally.

If you DIDN'T get a Corsair One with an "M.2" drive (and did get a normal SSD boot drive) then IF you're comfortable opening up PC's and doing so with the Corsair ONE, then check to make sure the SSD is properly connected (while the system is shut down). If you got the M.2 drive...it's not intended to be user-accessible. (Basic instructions for opening the Corsair ONE case and accessing the SSD here: http://corsair-osc.s3.amazonaws.com/images/KB/CSG/Vids/47_How%20to%20Upgrade%20Your%20CORSAIR%20ONE%20-%20Engage%20output/interaction_html5.html - again, don't do it of you're not comfortable, but it is easy. )

There is also a "BIOS reset button aka: Clear BIOS" on the back of the CORSAIR ONE. Unplug the PC and press the Clear CMOS button on the back of the computer for 10 seconds. Then plug the power back in and boot up normally.

If none of this works, I suggest RMA'ing the PC with Corsair directly, not your retailer. - Unless a Corsair rep has other suggestions.

Good luck! :)

IF you have an M.2 drive then it would not appear in the AHCI list. Below that list is a set of buttons - one of them will reference the M.2 card. A call or email to Corsair support may offer more possibilities - you have gone through Win 10 setup and that data must be somewhere. It would be strange if you lost access to the OS drive after the install and before the next restart. Your screenshot does show the 'correct' boot priority. This is a new machine and it is reasonable to expect it to be fit for purpose rather than re-installing the OS... or hardware trouble shooting. Contact customer support.

Dave

Took another look at your boot priority panel - the individual drive icons have a blank circle at upper right. On a working system, my C1, then that is a U and mouseover gives UEFI..drive info.. You need to talk with Corsair.

Some suggestions:

Note: If you have a different keyboard and mouse available, use a different keyboard and mouse.

1) Unplug power cord, ethernet cord, and every accessory from the PC. Mouse, Keyboard, Display...etc.

2) Push the power button once, hold it for 10 seconds and let go.

3) Push the power button one more time, normally.

4) Wait one full minute.

5) Plug everything back in.

6) Turn on the PC.

7) See if it boots up normally.

If you DIDN'T get a Corsair One with an "M.2" drive (and did get a normal SSD boot drive) then IF you're comfortable opening up PC's and doing so with the Corsair ONE, then check to make sure the SSD is properly connected (while the system is shut down). If you got the M.2 drive...it's not intended to be user-accessible. (Basic instructions for opening the Corsair ONE case and accessing the SSD here: http://corsair-osc.s3.amazonaws.com/images/KB/CSG/Vids/47_How%20to%20Upgrade%20Your%20CORSAIR%20ONE%20-%20Engage%20output/interaction_html5.html - again, don't do it of you're not comfortable, but it is easy. )

There is also a "BIOS reset button aka: Clear BIOS" on the back of the CORSAIR ONE. Unplug the PC and press the Clear CMOS button on the back of the computer for 10 seconds. Then plug the power back in and boot up normally.

If none of this works, I suggest RMA'ing the PC with Corsair directly, not your retailer. - Unless a Corsair rep has other suggestions.

Good luck! :)

Hi,

I did get the M2 drive, tried doing what you recommended (except the opening up the PC-part..) and it's still no good..

Thank you though.

IF you have an M.2 drive then it would not appear in the AHCI list. Below that list is a set of buttons - one of them will reference the M.2 card. A call or email to Corsair support may offer more possibilities - you have gone through Win 10 setup and that data must be somewhere. It would be strange if you lost access to the OS drive after the install and before the next restart. Your screenshot does show the 'correct' boot priority. This is a new machine and it is reasonable to expect it to be fit for purpose rather than re-installing the OS... or hardware trouble shooting. Contact customer support.

Dave

Took another look at your boot priority panel - the individual drive icons have a blank circle at upper right. On a working system, my C1, then that is a U and mouseover gives UEFI..drive info.. You need to talk with Corsair.

Thanks for the information. It is an M2 drive I've been told. I've been in contact with the reseller and will send the PC back for repair.

I just hoped I'd get a defect-free unit after browsing these forums before buying, but it seems I'm out of luck :-(

• Corsair Employee
That's kind of the drag of any technology product. There's no such thing as a 0% failure rate, especially with something as complex as Corsair One. We try to get as close to that as humanly possible, but unfortunately someone is always going to wind up with a part that has an unforeseen issue or something we couldn't catch in burn-in and QA.

Archived