Corsair Community

M60 mouse problem after firmware attempt of update

smb26

I've bought a M60 mouse this month. I have an windows 7 (lenovo y580 notebook). When I plugged the mouse, it instaled perfectly and the profiles worked. Then I`ve downloaded the drive available on the corsair site (1.27) and tried to update the firmware (following the instructions of the pdf that said that was necessary to update the firmware first and then install the driver). My problems started there: the firmware didn't update and said that an error happened.

Since then I've tried to install and unistall different drivers and firmwares that i've found on this forum. And them these versions stopped to recognize the mouse, saying it was necessary to install the driver before (i've tried to update the firmware with the driver installed and also when it wasn't installed).

I've also tried to use the DPS inst. on the driver's folder, and install by the windows's device manager. And my last shot was look in the registry, but didn't find anything useful. Nothing worked. My mouse is acting like a normal mouse, without profiles or macros.

I really need help. I'm very frustrated, since if I didn't follow the Corsair instructions, my mouse would be working 100%. But the worst thing is that I'm from Brasil and I've bought this mouse on Amazon. it'll be very expensive for me to send it back to US.

Please help.

Initially, the first message was that an error happened and the flash memory couldn't be erased. Then it began to display the message that couldn't recognize the usb port, and then the mouse driver should be installed first. This message showed im my notebook and in the other two i've tested. One with W7 x64bits (like mine) and other with W7 x32bits.

My device manager shows it as HID-Compliant mouse. It doesn't show errors, and also says it's the most recent driver installed. And it also shows an USB input device on human interface device, again without errors and with the most recent driver.

Unplug the mouse and replug it, Check if it is actually the mouse that is being detected.

When you unplug it the list should refresh with the device hidden.

If it is the mouse,

Right-Click the device and click uninstall and tick delete driver for this device. Then run the dpinst again and try the firmware update again.

Unplug the mouse and replug it, Check if it is actually the mouse that is being detected.

When you unplug it the list should refresh with the device hidden.

If it is the mouse,

Right-Click the device and click uninstall and tick delete driver for this device. Then run the dpinst again and try the firmware update again.

I`m sorry, but what do you mean by tick delete driver for this device? When I right-click the device and click unistall, the only thing that shows is the buttons "ok" and "cancel". Could you please tell me where it is? (and yes, my notebook is detecting the mouse).

OMG! It worked! The first time I tried it, it said that the firmware couldn't change mode, then I rebooted the machine, started the bricked k90 thread all again and it worked!

You guys should switch the name of the thread to something more generic. If you didn't tell me to try it, i'd never imagine it would solve my problem.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the support.

• Corsair Employee
OMG! It worked! The first time I tried it, it said that the firmware couldn't change mode, then I rebooted the machine, started the bricked k90 thread all again and it worked!

You guys should switch the name of the thread to something more generic. If you didn't tell me to try it, i'd never imagine it would solve my problem.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the support.

Noted and changed.

Archived