Corsair Community

RM750i and very old system

Draako

Hi all,

I have a MB Asus M4A785TD-V EVO and an AMD Phenom II X4 945 and a Radeon HD 5700.

The MB manual recommend to use "ATX 12V specification 2.0 compliant PSU" and the Corsair site report a compatibility for "ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2, 2.31 and ATX12V 2.01 systems".

1) I need to change the PS and I would like to buy the RM750i but I´m quite unsure if it can support my old system.

2) Could I also monitor all the parameters without the Corsair link hardware but connecting it directly to the motherboard?

3) in case I will upgrade the system to Ryzen and a MB with AM4 B350 chipset, is it perfectly compatible with them?

Thanks in advance :D:

1. It should be fine. I have used my AX760i to power my ancient TYAN S2466 Dual Athlon MP system which is way older than your system.
  2. No, you need to use software to monitor the RM750i and all of AIDA64 + HWiNFO + SIV (my utility) can do this if you don't wish to use CL4.
  3. Yes

Thanks a lot!

I just have a doubt on answer 2: I know that the "i" version has a link/monitoring port that has to attach to Corsair Link hardware or...something else like a monitor port on the MB.

Can I fully monitor (with Corsair Link software) it even if I will not connect the link port to the motherboard?

1. I just have a doubt on answer 2:
  2. I know that the "i" version has a link/monitoring port that has to attach to Corsair Link hardware or...something else like a monitor port on the MB.
  3. Can I fully monitor (with Corsair Link software) it even if I will not connect the link port to the motherboard?

1. As I added full RMi + HXi + AXi series PSU reporting support to SIV I know what is and is not possible.
  2. No, the i version is attached to a motherboard USB header. It's also possible to attach it via a CLCC and again you need software to monitor it.
  3. No and there is not such item as a "link port to the motherboard" that i version PSUs can be attached to.
  4. The motherboard will report some voltages, but not the PSU current, power, temperature or fan speed and you won't be able to control the fan speed.

Archived