Corsair Community

Using Corsair commander pro and icue

Hey I’m new 😁 please help, so yesterday I fitted my new 4x Corsair ll series rgb fans with 4x Corsair rgb light stripes to a new commander pro with the Corsair hub, I already use icue software for Corsair mouse and keyboard. My problems are I’ve the MASTERCASE H500P with 2x 200mm rgb case fans (not Corsair) and a EK custom liquid cooling loop with rgb res and cpu water block, obviously these are not Corsair and I couldn’t connect into the commander pro. What I was able to was plug them to my rgb headers on MSI gaming pro carbon motherboard. So all the Corsair RGB is amazing and can all be controlled in icue, but I now can only chance colour and sequences for the none Corsair RGB (2x 200mm fans and cooling loop) in mystic light software. So how’d I get all RGB to operate from icue.... is there a cable I can purchase that will allow me to connect none Corsair RGB to the commander pro ? I don’t know how to get around this problem

53C52DF6-5BB6-4658-8956-2F1564756770.thumb.jpeg.642bebbca25c598c4a4ef04eae5b0fd0.jpeg

Hey I’m new 😁 please help, so yesterday I fitted my new 4x Corsair ll series rgb fans with 4x Corsair rgb light stripes to a new commander pro with the Corsair hub, I already use icue software for Corsair mouse and keyboard. My problems are I’ve the MASTERCASE H500P with 2x 200mm rgb case fans (not Corsair) and a EK custom liquid cooling loop with rgb res and cpu water block, obviously these are not Corsair and I couldn’t connect into the commander pro. What I was able to was plug them to my rgb headers on MSI gaming pro carbon motherboard. So all the Corsair RGB is amazing and can all be controlled in icue, but I now can only chance colour and sequences for the none Corsair RGB (2x 200mm fans and cooling loop) in mystic light software. So how’d I get all RGB to operate from icue.... is there a cable I can purchase that will allow me to connect none Corsair RGB to the commander pro ? I don’t know how to get around this problem

Unfortunately, no, not that I'm aware of. Pretty much a common issue with no real standard for RGB accross companies. Everyone is pretty much in their own ecosystem, with no compatibility in between them and its also pretty common to run into software conflicts between products too. In my case, my ASRock Polychrome RGB software doesn't play nice when iCUE is enabled, eventhough they are separate RGB systems.

Tony

Unfortunately, no, not that I'm aware of. Pretty much a common issue with no real standard for RGB accross companies. Everyone is pretty much in their own ecosystem, with no compatibility in between them and its also pretty common to run into software conflicts between products too. In my case, my ASRock Polychrome RGB software doesn't play nice when iCUE is enabled, eventhough they are separate RGB systems.

Tony

Ok thanks Tony, I feared that would be the case tbh, from looking at other posts I understand there are no conflicts between icue and mystic light so maybe that’s one positive, it’s a shame all this rgb is not or can’t be compatible like you’ve said😌

If you were able to plug them into the 3-pin headers on the motherboard (not 4-pin), you can use an adapter for them - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-Adapter/372521827376.

Alternatively, you could make an adapter. Check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759.

Awesome workaround and I've ordered from PirateDog Tech before, so they are reliable. You just resolved my issue too ... thanks ;)

If you were able to plug them into the 3-pin headers on the motherboard (not 4-pin), you can use an adapter for them - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-Adapter/372521827376.

Alternatively, you could make an adapter. Check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759.

Thanks so much @DevBiker this is exactly the info I was after, the electronics engineer at my work did say it maybe possible to cut off some Corsair connections and solder onto my original leads. Thanks man 😁