Corsair Community

H100 Series Coolers Color Cycles?

SillyYak

Hey, I remember hearing somewhere that at some point Corsair Link would be updated to allow the H100 series coolers to color shift/pulse/cycle like with RAM and fans and stuff. Currently the colors can be changed but only to static colors. I know that it's 100% possible to have it color shift and stuff because you CAN set a 'warning light' that will cause it to change to a different color if the temperature reaches a certain number. My question is: will we be seeing an update for that some time? It seems pretty lame that I can have everything else in my system color shifting/changing colors except the H110i v2 that I have that stays one color no matter what, besides the optional warning light. This is a pretty premium cooler, it would be nice if Corsair Link was properly updated to support the color modes that other Corsair products already have

• Corsair Employee

So certain coolers (the H80i GT/V2, H100i GTX/V2, and H110i GTX/H115i) are limited by the lighting controller from doing any kind of animation. No firmware update can be done to enable it; the controller itself simply isn't capable. The H110i (GT) does not have this issue.

We're looking at adding additional lighting modes and features in a future version of Link but I'm intending to prioritize bugfixes for the users having issues on these forums.

• 2 months later...
So certain coolers (the H80i GT/V2, H100i GTX/V2, and H110i GTX/H115i) are limited by the lighting controller from doing any kind of animation. No firmware update can be done to enable it; the controller itself simply isn't capable. The H110i (GT) does not have this issue.

We're looking at adding additional lighting modes and features in a future version of Link but I'm intending to prioritize bugfixes for the users having issues on these forums.

Hey Dustin,

Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I feel this is worth mentioning. The video is from my own person computer and the h115i is sinking with my gigabyte motherboard and is cycling colors. The ability to manage the colors is missing from my corsair link software. It's very odd, but does show color cycling is possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have you seen the cooler FAQ? Have you looked on the EVGA forums?

Yours may be working ... for now. But EVGA's tool has caused widespread issues that you can read about here or on the EVGA forum.

It winds up crashing the driver and the devices disappears from Link. It'll still function but you won't be able to control it.

But ... your device. Do what you want. Just don't come asking why Link doesn't work.

I particularly only use the corsair link to control the watercooler. And if I can do it for EVGA FLOW CONTROL for me it's okay. I disable the Corsair link. But the real intention is to show that it has as a yes to do it. And that corsair does not do it because it wants to push other types of products (pro).fNQT1Xj

• 11 months later...

I turned off my leds because of this.

As a programmer I doubt that this can be done for H100i v2, since the firmware can't be updated and if it is just programmed for certain tasks (static color and a simple condition for high temp) then it really is not possible. at least you can't directly program it to do the cycling or breathing animation. that means the cooler cant do that by it self and you need a program constantly changing the colors.

if the firmware is capable to do animations then it's strange why corsair don't let us do this, sort of disappointing. the cooler is nice though :)

Archived