Corsair Community

ML120 Pro rgb rev to max speed on boot

chidy

hey all

I've got 6 ML120 Pro RGB fans connected to rgb hub and from the hub to the commander pro. I've set them all to 4 pin in icue and are set to quiet mode. All fans rev up to max speed on startup. Also 3 of the fans don't start spinning until the windows splash screen. Could my commander pro be defective? Does anyone have a clue on why it does this? Any help is greatly appreciated

Ryzen 1600x

Strix x370-F

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 3200mhz

Strix 1080 ti

Evga 750 g3

960 evo 256gb

WD black 6tb

Nope, the CoPro isn't defective. It is working as designed.

The built-in fan curves are based on the CPU Package temperature. This isn't available until the software starts (Corsair Service). Because of that, the fans run at full speed.

The solution is to use the thermistors that are included with the CoPro and create custom fan curves based on those temperatures. Those fan curves can be written to the device and don't require the software to run.

Perhaps about 3" above the GPU. You'll find that the GPU is the biggest heat source. You'll want to experiment with the curves as well. The rear exhaust can have a surprising impact on internal case temps.

And you have 4 of those thermistors. Put them in different locations. You might be surprised at some of the temperature differentials.

Edited by DevBiker

• 2 weeks later...
I've done what you suggested and my fans still rev up on startup. Made a custom fan curve and set it to the thermistor sensor #2 above the gpu. Could it have something to do with my bios?