Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum RGB 128GB not working. What is the problem?

justinsloan32

I purchased the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory. It seems to be the only part of the computer I am building that is not receiving power. However, this may not be true, I am not sure. I am not receiving signal on my monitor when I power up the computer and my workstation card is receiving power and should be working therefore, as I believe it is the memory that is the problem. The memory sticks do do not hold as well as it should I think, but it should still work. So I am trying to figure out what is the problem, because I believe the RGB is suppose to power on by default when power is applied to the system. I am using an Asrock Fatal1ty K6 motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas for this? If I cannot figure it out by tuesday or wed, I am just going to send both the motherboard and the memory back and order a different motherboard and replace the order for the memory sticks.

I cannot remember if the Dominator RGB modules automatically went into color mode on first boot before every receiving a signal from the software that controls them. Once you have reached that stage, then they save the lighting to the modules and they are always on. Are you not able to reach to BIOS? It seems hard to believe you could seat all 8 sticks improperly and thus are prevented from reaching that stage, but your board may have complex rules for what module must register to get past whatever it is doing in the pre-boot cycle.

Yeah, I cannot even get into the BIOS. The memory is not working for some reason I know that is for sure. It is far more common to see either one slot or even a few slots or sticks that are bad rather than all 8. For 128gb the rule is that they just must all be assembled into the memory fixtures or slots rather. Nothing more. I think I just have to replace the board unfortunately. I cannot decide whether or not to give the sticks another try on a new memory board or not. But, I think that I might and if they do not work on the next board then just send both back. I have no way of telling which is not working so it should be fine. No one could I think.

Yes, not even in A1 does it work. I am not sure what happened to the motherboard. It is an odd problem. It felt to good to be true when I was loading all of that memory up into the slots. I could just feel it. The board I had to push on a bit to get to screw in, but after doing that once I know a way around that problem. I also had to bend the last hole on my corsair cpu cooler for intel a little bit to get into the screw. I know the way around that is to not screw the bottoms all the way in. I am thinking that it does not need to be screwed on too tight. But, I do not know. I replaced both, it felt like the right thing to do.

Does your mainboard have an Error Code Indicator or produce any beeps on the PC Speaker (if it has one and that is connected)? If so, consult the manual what these error codes mean, or if they aren't listed, contact your mainboard manufacturer for it.

Have you tried booting the system with only 1, 2 or 4 DIMMs (some boards might not boot with just one, so you might try two or four) in the appropriate channels) installed?

Is that ram in that very configuration compatible with your mainboard and listed on your mainboard's memory Qualified Vendor List?

What are your exact system specs (please fill out the system specs in your forum profile)?

Edited by Glzmo