Corsair Community

LL 120 RGB Issue

TRYPTISH

Hello everyone!

I have some issues with the LL 120, more precisely with the LED inside the FAN.

To start, my set up : 3 LL 120 RGB, 2 SP 120, 2 Led STRIPS, 1 Commander PRO and 1 Led hub (the one with 6 channel).

My Commander Pro and Icue have the latest update too.

The main problem is when I power up the PC, the LED doesn't light up and I just have a sort of red or blue light artifact in one of the FAN, usually the first one on top. (You will see in the pictures)

I thought it was maybe the placement in the LED HUB, so I change the order, but the same result. I change the Led hub, same problem. And with the new led hub, I also change the order this morning because it makes the same problem...

Does anyone had the same issue, and got a solution to fix it? Or do you think it's Fan related, meaning, one of the fans is defective and influence the others?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

1.thumb.jpg.b0a693f763c216e5946aca938b9b6781.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.0f46a9ec8a16af86e2902b7ec14b3896.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.aa96026eeb417435c2c4d02b7ad4fd4e.jpg

The fan RGB does work in series and so a bad LED in fan 1 will kill the lighting on the subsequent fans. You said you changed the order, but you need to be methodical about it. Presumably, the one with partial lighting is in RGB Lighting Hub slot #1. Switch it with #3. How does the lighting change? Do 1 + 2 light up? Does the distorted effect move to fan 3 with 1 + 2 dark?

Hi, In need some help , I connected 4 fans in ports 1 , 2, 5 and 6 in the RGB Hub . Only 2 turned the lights on , I added another fan because I tough the other 2 were damage , the new one turn on the lights in port 3 , any chance Im plugging incorrectly the fans in the Hub , all fans are LL 120. Thank you in advance for any assistance

Hi, In need some help , I connected 4 fans in ports 1 , 2, 5 and 6 in the RGB Hub . Only 2 turned the lights on , I added another fan because I tough the other 2 were damage , the new one turn on the lights in port 3 , any chance Im plugging incorrectly the fans in the Hub , all fans are LL 120. Thank you in advance for any assistance

The RGB Lighting Hub is a serial device. All of the fans must go in lowest number order and you cannot skip ports. For 4 fans, you must use lighting ports 1,2,3,4. If you skip a port, you break the chain. Also, make sure you adjust your iCUE "lighting set-up" in the left margin to reflect the new number of fans.

The fan RGB does work in series and so a bad LED in fan 1 will kill the lighting on the subsequent fans. You said you changed the order, but you need to be methodical about it. Presumably, the one with partial lighting is in RGB Lighting Hub slot #1. Switch it with #3. How does the lighting change? Do 1 + 2 light up? Does the distorted effect move to fan 3 with 1 + 2 dark?

I tried every sequence. When the first one didn't light up, I change for the slot 3. Then it was the 2nd fan which didn't light up, so I re-change it, and so goes on.

But the thing is, it mostly don't work I think because, on cold boots (when I unplug completely the psu, and discharge all electricity in the MOBO, then reconnect everything and boot) my psu takes 2 tries to power up completely the PC. That might impact the lightning services that not launch properly.. And I don't know how to avoid this "cold" boot cycle..

But the thing is, it mostly don't work I think because, on cold boots (when I unplug completely the psu, and discharge all electricity in the MOBO, then reconnect everything and boot) my psu takes 2 tries to power up completely the PC. That might impact the lightning services that not launch properly.. And I don't know how to avoid this "cold" boot cycle..

Not sure what motherboard you have but, if it starts up on it's own without you physically powering the PSU off and back on again, that sounds like it's doing a pre-post memory test/tune before boot. Do you have an ASUS board perhaps?

I will try that as soon get home , thank you.

I tried that setup and did not work , but , I previously connected 2 LL120 fans (incorrectly ) to the Aura ports in my asus motherboard and dont know if that mess up the fans RGB and maybe thats why the 4th and 5th fan are not lightning up.

I tried that setup and did not work , but , I previously connected 2 LL120 fans (incorrectly ) to the Aura ports in my asus motherboard and dont know if that mess up the fans RGB and maybe thats why the 4th and 5th fan are not lightning up.

If you connected it to a 4-pin Aura header, it most definitely messes up the fans. 4-pin Aura is a 12V LED ... the fans have 5V LEDs. They go boom at 12V.

If you connected it to a 4-pin Aura header, it most definitely messes up the fans. 4-pin Aura is a 12V LED ... the fans have 5V LEDs. They go boom at 12V.

Thanks a lot for the information , I will try with a brand new fan.

Archived