Corsair Community

KB70 MK Cherry Brown Switch

Butch1

I received my new KB70 MK 2 Cherry Brown Switch last week and love it.

I wanted to know a source to order spare Cherry Brown switch(s).

I get the impression the switches are made in Germany. But maybe

they are also from China. Curious as to where the KB was made too.

I would think if I found a source like Amazon selling Cherry Brown Switches

that they would be compatible (exact replacement). Curious as to where

other sources are for ordering spare Cherry Browns. It would of been nice

to of included extra switches instead of key caps.

I assume as long as they say "Cherry" brown switch they should fit.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Butch

I'm happy you are thrilled with your Cherry MX Browns, i was initially, as well -- but lately, my Corsair STRAFE with Cherry MX Browns are causing me nothing but grief. I'm getting either repeated/errant keystrokes, or extra spaces, after finishing a word and then a second space gets wedged in after the first character of the next word.

I've taken very good care of this device, i found it to be lovely, especially considering the sale price I got it for. Now, I'm ready to smash my speakers on the wall in a fit of rage because i have to spend 20% of my time typing correcting errors caused by the keyboard.

I've gone into the most updated version of iCUE and scaled back the "Polling rate" from 1000Hz / 1 msec down to a (more reasonable?) 250Hz / 4 msec, but the results are the same. No liquid spilled on this keyboard, I removed the key caps and jiggled some of the switches around, just for good measure as well as ensuring there was no dust or debris built up. What next? Guess I need to try a stab at Corsair Support when I can find the time and waste another bunch of hours and potentially weeks waiting for an RMA, *IF* they'll even consider honoring some support for this device. Wish me luck, i feel I'll be needing it.

Glad you are enjoying yours. If you have any pro-tips for a novice who was just trying to enjoy his first mechanical keyboard in a couple decades (since the old IBM Model M days, at least) I'm all ears. Definitely open to suggestions, pro-tips, or simply shared experience. Thanks much, I wish for many happy days of typing ahead for you, Butch sir.

Kind regards,

-Harry P. Nyce

If I'm not successful dealing with Corsair Support, I may have to attempt to work that into the budget. Really not looking forward to reverting to those stack of freebie keyboards that come with every Dell or HP desktop that's been purchased in the past decade... I must have a small stack of them to choose from, but it's sad to admit they'll be a better experience than what I'm dealing with currently.

I'm happy you are thrilled with your Cherry MX Browns, i was initially, as well -- but lately, my Corsair STRAFE with Cherry MX Browns are causing me nothing but grief. I'm getting either repeated/errant keystrokes, or extra spaces, after finishing a word and then a second space gets wedged in after the first character of the next word.

I've taken very good care of this device, i found it to be lovely, especially considering the sale price I got it for. Now, I'm ready to smash my speakers on the wall in a fit of rage because i have to spend 20% of my time typing correcting errors caused by the keyboard.

I've gone into the most updated version of iCUE and scaled back the "Polling rate" from 1000Hz / 1 msec down to a (more reasonable?) 250Hz / 4 msec, but the results are the same. No liquid spilled on this keyboard, I removed the key caps and jiggled some of the switches around, just for good measure as well as ensuring there was no dust or debris built up. What next? Guess I need to try a stab at Corsair Support when I can find the time and waste another bunch of hours and potentially weeks waiting for an RMA, *IF* they'll even consider honoring some support for this device. Wish me luck, i feel I'll be needing it.

Glad you are enjoying yours. If you have any pro-tips for a novice who was just trying to enjoy his first mechanical keyboard in a couple decades (since the old IBM Model M days, at least) I'm all ears. Definitely open to suggestions, pro-tips, or simply shared experience. I've seen other keyboard companies sell there KB's with spare switches and switch puller. Not Corsair. Thanks much, I wish for many happy days of typing ahead for you, Butch sir.

Kind regards,

-Harry P. Nyce

If I'm not successful dealing with Corsair Support, I may have to attempt to work that into the budget. Really not looking forward to reverting to those stack of freebie keyboards that come with every Dell or HP desktop that's been purchased in the past decade... I must have a small stack of them to choose from, but it's sad to admit they'll be a better experience than what I'm dealing with currently.

Thanks for your input. I checked out your link and it looks like that would be a unlighted keyboard but with mechanical switches. After viewing a few utube vids; I now realize that the all mechanical switches are soldered in - I was a little naive in thinking that replacement of the switch was to pull it out and plug new one in like they were vacuum tubes. Other KB companies offer extra switches with switch puller, Not Corsair.

Hope I don't encounter key/switch issues as you have.

All the best,

Butch

Thanks for your input. I checked out your link and it looks like that would be a unlighted keyboard but with mechanical switches. After viewing a few utube vids; I now realize that the all mechanical switches are soldered in - I was a little naive in thinking that replacement of the switch was to pull it out and plug new one in like they were vacuum tubes. Other KB companies offer extra switches with switch puller, Not Corsair.

Hope I don't encounter key/switch issues as you have.

All the best,

Butch

Edit: I see there are Hot swapable switch keyboards available; don't require

any soldering. Too bad Corsair doesn't make them.

Archived