Corsair Community

Lightning Node Pro not recognizing

Ciasus

Hello everyone

I've recently bought 3x 120mm LL Fans and 5x 140mm LL Fans. They are installed with one Lightning Node Pro and two Fan Hubs attached.

The Lightning Node Pro worked perfectly with Corsair Link on every restart. Then i've updated to iCue. After the first installation i was able to setup the Lightning Node Pro on iCue and customize the Fans and everything was fine. But however after shutting down the pc, the Lighning Node Pro shows up on iCue only every 4th or 5th restart. (The Fans just show the standard rainbow when its not recognized) Corsair-Link Softwars shows now "Controlled by iCue" even when iCue does not recognize the Lightning Node Pro.

I've checked every Cable but found no issue with the hardware. Reinstall iCue also didnt change anything. (i start iCue as administrator every time). My K95 Platinum and MM800 works good on iCue.

USB Legacy is enabled in the Bios. I've also updated the Motherboards Bios a few weeks ago and there is no new bios since then.

i also tryed reseting the Lightning Node Pro with the small button on top of it. Nothing changed.

My complete hardware should be in the profile. If you need more details please tell me.

i know iCue is in an alpha state but if anyone have the same problem and know a workaround please tell me. i currently use iCue 3.3.103

Thanks

-sorry for bad english

Hello everyone

I've recently bought 3x 120mm LL Fans and 5x 140mm LL Fans. They are installed with one Lightning Node Pro and two Fan Hubs attached.

The Lightning Node Pro worked perfectly with Corsair Link on every restart. Then i've updated to iCue. After the first installation i was able to setup the Lightning Node Pro on iCue and customize the Fans and everything was fine. But however after shutting down the pc, the Lighning Node Pro shows up on iCue only every 4th or 5th restart. (The Fans just show the standard rainbow when its not recognized) Corsair-Link Softwars shows now "Controlled by iCue" even when iCue does not recognize the Lightning Node Pro.

I've checked every Cable but found no issue with the hardware. Reinstall iCue also didnt change anything. (i start iCue as administrator every time). My K95 Platinum and MM800 works good on iCue.

USB Legacy is enabled in the Bios. I've also updated the Motherboards Bios a few weeks ago and there is no new bios since then.

i also tryed reseting the Lightning Node Pro with the small button on top of it. Nothing changed.

My complete hardware should be in the profile. If you need more details please tell me.

i know iCue is in an alpha state but if anyone have the same problem and know a workaround please tell me. i currently use iCue 3.3.103

Thanks

-sorry for bad english

Interesting, did you try updating the firmware for the Lighting Node Pro, when it does show up in iCue? I don't think I have seen this issue before.

You can't control the LNP w/ Link in conjunction with iCue.

Yes, i checked for Firmware updates when the Node Pro was shown up in iCue but it says the firmware was already the latest.

No, i can't control the Node Pro with Link while iCue is installed. When i deinstall iCue, everything works fine again on Link.

Push!

Does nobody have a workaround for iCue?

It's kind of sad that i have to use an old software because they can't fix an issue on the new one. (It's a software developing problem in my oppinion because everything works fine with the Link software)

Push!

Does nobody have a workaround for iCue?

It's kind of sad that i have to use an old software because they can't fix an issue on the new one. (It's a software developing problem in my oppinion because everything works fine with the Link software)

Honestly, it sounds more like an issue related to your system, not specifically iCue. If this was an common issue, I can guarantee you that there would be much screaming. Personally, I've not had any issues at all on either of my systems with a Lighting Node Pro (and one of those has 2 NoPros).

The unfortunately reality is that if we can't reproduce it, we can't offer a workaround.

Honestly, it sounds more like an issue related to your system, not specifically iCue. If this was an common issue, I can guarantee you that there would be much screaming. Personally, I've not had any issues at all on either of my systems with a Lighting Node Pro (and one of those has 2 NoPros).

The unfortunately reality is that if we can't reproduce it, we can't offer a workaround.

I was thinking of the same but... how can Link work and icue does not?

Do you have an idea what i can test?

I have now turned on CSM on the MB Bios. I dont know if it affects the usb slots. On the first restarts the Lightning Node was working again on iCue. On the secound it isn't. Why does it only work every few restarts. Maybe affected to the pcs startup time?

First, are you on 3.4.95? If not, please install that version.

Second ... next time it launches and doesn't show up, take a look in USBDeView (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) to see if you see it there. The VID will be 1b1c and the PID will be 0c0b.

IF it is showing up but iCue doesn't "see" it, try exiting iCue and then restarting the Corsair Service, then restarting iCue.

Yes, i use 3.4.95.

I downloaded the 64bit version of usbdeview and it does show up. https://www.pic-upload.de/view-35506634/NodePro.jpg.html

Exiting icue via tray icon and restarting the corsair service in the taskmanager doesn't change anything.

EDIT: After 3 corsair service restarts in the taskmanager the node pro now shows up again in icue. When i now exit icue and start it again (without restarting the service) the node pro is missing again.

Also what i want to mention: The dashboard is complete empty everytimes and all i can add is the K95. There are no cpu, gpu or motherboard information aviable. Could it be icue don't have the privileges to use the information it needs from the pc. (i always start it as administrator)

EDIT 2: Restarting the service itself doesn't change anything but just stop it and let the iCue software start it solves the problem. When i stop the service. Then just start iCue.exe it works everytime.

My workaround is now this:

1. Disable icue autostart from windows.

2. Make a *.cmd file and put this in it:

net stop CorsairService

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software

start icue.exe

3. Put the .cmd file in autostart folder

Dashboard is still empty without the option to add anything besides the keyboard but at least the fans are working now every time. Thanks for the help!

Can you upload the logs? There is absolutely something odd going on here.

From what I understand, the detection for the NoPro happens in the Corsair Service, not in iCue. If it's not started when you start iCue, then iCue will actually start the service for you. And iCue does not require administrator privileges at all; the CPU, GPU and motherboard information actually all come from the service.

Which makes me wonder if something is causing the communication channel to fail. What antivirus are you running?

Hey sorry for my late response.

So basicly i should write them and ask for help?

Today i found this in the iCue logs:

2018-06-20 23:43:26.4500 | 13 | PCCIASUS1064 | 3.4.0.37 | DevicesMonitor | ->

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramLedFactory.CheckActiveAddresses(Byte controller, Byte slotAddress)

bei CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramLedFactory.<>c__DisplayClass10.<EnumerateActiveAddresses>b__f(Int32 i)

bei System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1()

bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()

bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)

bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )

it seems it has problems with the ram. I use automated Led ram from avexir. (they just light up randomly and dont support any software.) Take a look at this: https://www.pic-upload.de/view-35514981/link.jpg.html

two of the ram slots are named correctly. the other two dont have the full name. Maybe Link and iCue have problems with this ram. sadly they arent on the QVL from my motherboard. The Part No. of my rams is: AVD4UZ124001608G-4COR. They have only listed: AVD4U24001608G-4M. Basicly the same ram (same clock and also 32gb) but the professional series and not the core series which i have. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_EXTREME_ASSEMBLY/6L_Memory_QVL.pdf

But i can say the core ram work perfectly. I have now tested it with memtest until all of the ram was in use and they had no errors.

EDIT: i have exchanged the ram now to some Kingston hyper ddr4 with standard clock. The restart problem with iCue is now gone and i dont have to stop CorsairService everytime. Also the dashboard works now.

I don't really want to buy new ram because just a single software can not work with them. Is there a option to disable the ram recognizing from iCue?

Hi,

I am also having similar issues. I just installed a two back of the LL series and have it connected to a lightning node pro. The weird thing is that I installed them yesterday and they were working fine. I created a nice rain effect to match my keyboard, mouse & mousepad and now...nothing.

I started the machine up and while the fans are moving fine but the fans are running the default profile (and do not show up in iCue).

Edit: I think it might be related to the USB header? I fiddle around with the connection and now it shows up in iCue, however I can't change the colors still. I can change effects in iCue but the fans don't seem to recognize commands from iCue.

Hi,

I am also having similar issues. I just installed a two back of the LL series and have it connected to a lightning node pro. The weird thing is that I installed them yesterday and they were working fine. I created a nice rain effect to match my keyboard, mouse & mousepad and now...nothing.

I started the machine up and while the fans are moving fine but the fans are running the default profile (and do not show up in iCue).

Can you see the NoPro in USBDeView (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html)?

Archived