Corsair Community

HX1000i EPS to PCI-E Extension Cables

Asharru01

Since the HX1000i uses shared ports for EPS and PCI-e, can I use an EPS Extension cable with the PCI-e cables? I'm trying to extend the length of the PCI-e cables on the PSU side instead of the video card side to limit the number of extension cables needed.

• Corsair Employee
Since the HX1000i uses shared ports for EPS and PCI-e, can I use an EPS Extension cable with the PCI-e cables? I'm trying to extend the length of the PCI-e cables on the PSU side instead of the video card side to limit the number of extension cables needed.

You cannot, different pinout.

Art,

Thank you for the response, however I am confused by it.

The HX1000i has 6 ports labeled "6+2 PCI-E & 4+4 CPU". All 6 of these ports are:

Pin 1 - Square, Pin 2 - Curve, Pin 3 - Curve, Pin 4 - Square

Pin 5 - Curve, Pin 6 - Square, Pin 7 - Square, Pin 8 - Curve

The included PCI-E 8/6+2 Pigtail cable has the same configuration on the PSU end of the Type 3 cable just as the included EPS cable does (except the missing pin 4 on the PCI-E cable).

The EPS Extension cable I am considering has the same configuration on both ends and is a direct extension (no crossover wiring).

Where would the pin-out difference be? If there is a pin-out difference, shouldn't it be labeled on the PSU and in the manual so users do not plug their PCI-E 8/6+2 Pigtail into the wrong port on the PSU and fry their card?

-Rob

• 10 months later...

Dear Corsair Support,

I am new to building pc's and I was wondering if there is a special prt of the 4+4 CPU cable?

It is labeled on the HX1000i as 6+2 PCIe and 4+4CPU.

Can i plug in the CPU cable everywhere there and i get the right output or is there a special way it is dealt with?

Thanks for your help in advance

With kind regards

Simon G.

Archived