Corsair Community

SSD Firmware or Mobo bios

angushades

Hey guys so i have this little problem which is bothering me alot, so i just updated my 240gt to the newest firmware my motherboard bios to the lastest and sometimes my machine will just lockup before windows start with just a black screen and blinking white line. i though it was a windows thing so i formatted and still it continues and just ramdom sometime windows will boot no problems at all and other times i have to do a restart and it will boot.

mobo is asus z68 maximus z and ssd is corsair 240GT , nothign is oc and all stock in the bios, i only have 2 drives one ssd and one hdd.

any reason why is it doing this or what maybe the problem.

oh and btw the newest rst drivers cant see the ssd with the corsair firmware updater.

Hey guys so i have this little problem which is bothering me alot, so i just updated my 240gt to the newest firmware my motherboard bios to the lastest and sometimes my machine will just lockup before windows start with just a black screen and blinking white line. i though it was a windows thing so i formatted and still it continues and just ramdom sometime windows will boot no problems at all and other times i have to do a restart and it will boot.

mobo is asus z68 maximus z and ssd is corsair 240GT , nothign is oc and all stock in the bios, i only have 2 drives one ssd and one hdd.

any reason why is it doing this or what maybe the problem.

oh and btw the newest rst drivers cant see the ssd with the corsair firmware updater.

I have an Force 3 120GB, and with firmware 1.3.3 this angs happened randomly, aprox. 1-2 per 100 boots. With 5.02 hanged alot, then returned to 1.3.3. With firmware 5.03 have until now 130 boots and not a single hang.

So, If I were you try the 5.03 firmware.

manuel.

Did you install the system with EFI and a GPT partitioned system disk? I've seen weirdness on ASUS board BIOS where it occasionally ignores the actual boot partition (P0) and tries to boot off the empty P1 partition or sometimes even the system partition P2. The problem is that it's intermittent and impossible to define the conditions that can make it occur 100% of the time. I've complained to ASUS about it, but as usual, they move like molasses, if at all.

Just for gits and shiggles, try disconnecting your SATA DVD drive and see if it's any better.

• Corsair Employee
I have only seen the very latest MB's here with AHCI as default for example some of the Z77 chipset MB's would show AHCI as default but if an older spinning HDD was attached IDE would automatically show as default from what I have been playing with but I think you may have been getting newer MB's than what we see in here Yellowbeard. We are lucky to get them at all any more in tech support.

Archived