Corsair Community

Noise from new GS700?

MedusaEffect

I just got a GS700 a few days ago and it's making a constant noise when the fan isn't spinning. I looked up videos and other questions about noise coming from GS700 but none of them were the sound I'm hearing. The noise is soft, but it's constant, and if it's normal and not at risk of getting louder I can live with it, but if it's not then I want to replace it as soon as possible. So I shall get to the point

This is the noise my computer is making (not my computer but same noise)

It's soft and it's nothing like the chirping/clicking sounds I've seen in other videos, and it's constant. So I wanted to know if this is something I should be concerned about, or something that I should just think of as just computer noise, or if this particular thing is fixable, especially since it's supposed to be almost silent apparently.

Thanks for any help.

It's just the fan controller and will not damage anything. However it shouldn't be so loud that you can hear it over the rest of your components. I would go a head and have Corsair replace it,there is nothing that you could do to fix it on your own.

Please use the linkon the left to request an RMA .

So far, the rest of my components barely make any noise besides a small noise of spinning fans. So if it's only that I might just hear it because everything else is so quiet. Unless that's still more loud then it should be.

edit: according to one of my friends the sound is probably the psu trying to spin the fan at low levels but not being able to. Is this/Could this be the problem?

• Corsair Employee
Yes please use the link on the left and request an RMA and if you have had the PSU less than 30 days and once you have the RMA conformation just call our customer service and request help with the shipping. You can also request an advanced RMA where they send the replacement before you send the old unit at that same time but it will require a Credit Card.

Archived