Corsair Community

GS700 noise

grantmills81

I bought a few days ago a brand new gs700 gaming series power supply and i noticed that everytime that the fan starts running makes a very annoying noise.

This is the sound.

as I noticed there are many other complaints about this noise...what should i do?I'm from italy,i must return it to my seller?

This is the sound.

as I noticed there are many other complaints about this noise...what should i do?I'm from italy,i must return it to my seller?

Yes, if it is that loud you can either return it to the place of purchase or use the link on the left to request an RMA.

You can call CS with your case or RMA number and request an advanced RMA so they send you a new unit before you need to send in the old. Otherwise normal RMA would take roughly 7-10 buisness days if you are in the US and you can safely add a a week to overseas or out of the US RMA's.

But it will require a phone call to set that up for security purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
Just received another gs700...same problemi when the fan starts the noise persists...i just paid for a noisy power supply,spent to return it and i get another power supply with the same problem...

LOL I just received my RMA and it has the same issue, less audible noise though. I keep having to double check my box to make sure I bought a Corsair PSU, because the quality just isn't there.

Thanks for the video OP. I had the exact same issue with "2" CX750 units before I finally gave up and went with a different brand.

The first made the exact same sound the first day I had it all installed but thought it was just fan bearing so exchanged it. Over the last week or so the new one stared doing the same thing off and on and I observed the same behavior with the fan. Even when it was running normally, the fan always made a sort of "ticking" sound. Wasn't horrible and I could have lived with it, but still kind of bothered me.

I was within my 15 day return window so I was lucky. There are a number of different sites were people are having the same issue. This was the first Corsair PSU I've owned (used Corsair memory almost exclusively over the years and not one problem) so I'll probably a bit shy to try them in a future build. All the reviews were amazing too :(

Archived