Corsair Community

MM800 Polaris not working with iCUE

barnsley18

I purchased the MM800 polaris mouse pad just a few days ago along with the Dark Core SE Mouse and the K68 keyboard.

I have downloaded iCUE and set up profiles for each but after I restart or shutdown my pc the MM800 ceases lighting up. Very briefly wehn iCUE starts up it seems to pick up my profile for a 3 seconds then nothing. The mouse pad lighting switches off and the seems to be no way to activate again.

If I uninstall iCUE the default spiral rainbow lighting of the MM800 will come back on. It's only with iCUE that it won't work.

I was running 3.4.95 when I first installed iCUE and today I updated to 3.5.111. Right after this installed the MM800 immediately started workingwith the correct profile so I thought I would restart the pc. It rebooted and everything came on with my profiles and after about 3 secs the MM800 won't work again.

I am a little concerned about the "red". That seems a little different from what a few others are seeing. Is there a reset for the MM800?

That is interesting for me too. It looks like iCoe gets some kind of SDK integration from something, or it thinks it got it.

I played yesterday a little with iCue. Nothing helped, same behavior

• 1 month later...

So mine does the same thing--and so far, i've had it RMA'd and the new one lasted a month or so before starting to do the same thing. Clearly it's not the hardware- i get the rainbow spiral if i plug it in someone else's computer, or occasionally if i switch USB ports. I used to be able to force iCUE to update it when it still saw the MM800 in there, and it'd be okay for a day or two, but now it doesn't show at all (though I keep updating iCUE in hopes and for my mouse and keyboard) Super frustrated. Have another ticket up for it, not going to pay to RMA this time, not at all.

I heard there was something you could change in your computer's BIOS that'd fix it so I'm going to try that too, but so far the USB port changing doesn't and nothing else has worked. I really wish Corsair would pay some attention to this issue and figure out what the hell is going on-- RMA is clearly not the answer.

• Corsair Employee
I've reviewed a lot of the logs i get for this issue and there is no clear indicator as to why it stops responding. We think internally that its related to the USB port on most people's systems because the log is telling us that the device has stopped responding to the software's commands. Ensure you're all using the SS ports on the back and don't use the hub on the MM800 just to verify if there isn't any power issues occurring.

• 1 year later...

Still not working... It's all lit up when I start my PC - until iCue loads: then nothing.

I'm not using any USB hubs, even though my PC has limited USB 2.x ports. It's plugged straight into the back of my PC along with my K70 LUX RGB.

Other Corsair products I have that don't have any iCue issues:

* H115i Platinum

* Vengenance RGB PRO

* Commander PRO (4 RGB fans attached)

Edited by harrisben

This has happened to me in the past. the easiest fix I have found for it in windows 10 is to go to settings, click on devices, scroll down until you see the mm800 click on it and remove the device. reboot and it should work after that.

I've already tried this and it doesn't work. An easier solution would be for Corsair just to solve the issue so that their customers don't have to find the solution for them.

• 2 months later...

OK so I ran into this issue the last few days. I have The Polaris MM800, and I have my Dark Core SE dongle plugged into the port on it. The lights on my MM800 just randomly stopped working and it just wasn't in the devices section on iCUE however my mouse was still working (using the passthrough on the MM800) so I knew it was still working.

Upon start up/shut down of my PC the MM800 went back into default mode of rainbow lights, so I knew the MM800 lights were still functional and it was receiving power, and due to the passthrough knew that the USB was also receiving data as well as power.

I tried different USB ports on my PC, I tried uninstall/re-install of iCUE. I would've tried updating firmware on iCUE but it wasn't seeing the MM800 at all.

I fixed it by going into device manager on the control panel, I scrolled down and opened up the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section. I had lots of devices in there, 5 of which were entitled "USB Composite Device". One of said composite device's had a warning triangle instead of the USB plug symbol, I right-clicked on it, and clicked "update driver using internet" and the warning triangle disappeared and all lights came back on for the MM800.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue

• Thanks 1