Corsair Community

Is it possible to press a mouse button and make the keyboard light up?

WillyUndBilly

K95 Plat - M65 Pro

Is it possible to press a mouse button and make the keyboard light up?

For an example:

Make a the "sniper button" on a M65 as a "numpad 5 macro".

Make some lighting effect on numpad 5 - and then when you press the "sniper button" numpad 5 lights up.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

It would just be damn awesome to press the sniper button and get a big fat crosshair on the keyboard.

And a big RED SOLID when pressing the left button.

Regards,

William

Yes I would like this too. You can use profile switching or a lighting link effect which sort of works but ... I hadn’t been able to figure it out as I had wanted modifier keys to colorize the Polaris in my default profile without switching and I couldn’t figure it out. Not saying it is impossible so hopefully someone will reply with some suggestions!

You could actually use the RGB Sync + tool for that (look at the pinned post "[Guide] How to sync Asus Aura with ICue")

Despite RGB Sync being all kinds of amazing, I think the only way to make this work for the OP in this use case is to also have some event that forces a monitored color to change stuff on the keyboard? Like for example they would need to do type lighting or some other on key pressed event lighting on the mouse (and then maybe disable it elsewhere) and in the case of lighting link alternate, force both colors the same and then have RGB sync see that color and then match it elsewhere on the keyboard?

If I am wrong, please let me know because this would be pretty sweet

I agree with OPs above post this seems like a reasonable and exciting prospective evolution of lighting link

Archived