Corsair Community

H150i isn't listed in Icue

Karu

I have run into what seems to be a widespread problem. My new system runs fine. Everything is detected except the usb pump head of the H150i AIO.

I can't adress the RGB. It is in simple change mode.

I tried connecting the USB to a motherboard header, the header on the Commander pro and via an external usb slot. It doesn't show up in Icue. Based on research it also doesn't show up in device manager as the Corsair USBXp driver.

So this is me checking if anyone has any last resort Idea for me.

Build:

Asus Crosshair Vii

Ryzen 2700x

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb

Corsair H150i

Corsair Commander Pro

Geforce RTX 280 Strix

After running the tool I get this result:

https://i.imgur.com/mLr2qjc.png

As for manual driver installation:

Whenever I try to choose the path you have given me as the path to look for drivers it tells me that it already has the correct drivers.

Deinstalling the device and replugging it results in an error message by windows that the usb device couldn't be connected properly.

Error code for the driver in windows is 43.

I tried uninstalling the drivers and isntalling a couple times but didn't work.

I did find a solution however in switching the usb headers.

So the commander pro and the H150i switched usb headers.

The commander pro works. The fans and the rgb of the fans is adjusted correctly. It still doesn't get displayed in device manager, and I am still displaying a unknown usb connection.

Now with the h150i connected to the other usb header it is displayed in Icue again and also the USBxp driver is shown in the list again.

None of this explains why the h150i didn't work as intended when it was connected to the commander pro or on the - seemingly - not so functional usb header. It also doesn't explain why the commander pro works and is displayed in Icue even tho the usb driver is shown as an unknown usb connection.

Feel free to try and provide a solution for that. It is kind of bizarre, but as for now I won't question it anymore. It was a bit of work, but everything is now working just the way I want it so better not to question it anymore.

Thanks anyways. I've seen you post a lot on similiar threads and while I assume this is part of your job it's still really nice to see that someone is dedicated at helping people troubleshoot these problems.

Having a similar problem. I believe the usb header on the commander pro has a compatible issue with the AMD chipset. When I conneced the H80i or usb hub or node pro through the commander pro, Nothing work on my Ryzen build R5 2600 with Asus TUF B450 PLUS. But when I tested with my Intel build 76ook with Asus Z270 Prime, all devices detected just fine.

Digging the old forum and I found similar report: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170885&page=2

That's hardly fair. I spend a lot of time on these forums trying to actually help end users. The fact is, though, 90% of the time, "reboot/reinstall/exchange" is actually the solution.

Now, with that being said, we've identified the issue that rpesta is having. It's unique to AMD systems. AMD's chipsets are subcontracted out to ASMedia, and they're having issues with daisy-chaining USB the way Commander PRO does.

So we've identified it, and we're working on a solution.

Edit:

About to submit a ticket

Try this solution (It fixed my):

Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings

Then under 'USB settings', under "USB selective suspend setting' set it to 'Disabled'.

Archived