Corsair Community

vs650 dead

Gopal

My pc build is fx 6300 mb ga78lmts2pt graphics card radeon 7750 it run fine for years but when I upgrade to gtx 660 from aliexpress my psu clarian 500 watt dead after 2 or 3 days after I buy corsair vs 650 it dead same in 3 days. Why this happen?

• Corsair Employee
Hi Gopal, if two different PSUs have been affected, there's a chance it's something in your system environment. Try moving the system to a different wall socket in case it's power delivery to the system. In worse case, it's some component int he system that could be shorting back to the PSU.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
As Corsair Mint stated, being that two PSUs have now seemingly failed after you installed the new GPU, it seems like it's not an issue with the PSUs, rather an issue with the GPU. I am a little concerned with you having purchased it on Aliexpress since it's very difficult to determine whether or not many of the products are genuine, much less safe to use. For mission critical components, I would suggest buying from somewhere else, even if the price is enticing on Aliexpress.

• 4 weeks later...
this happen only when I played game continue 3 or 4 hours daily after 3 or 4 or 5 days all smps dead with pop sound. but if I not played game it not give any issue I checked it will last for 10days.after played game it blow in 3 or 5 days. i don't think it is gpu problem. I want to know you said it may sorting problem why this happen while gaming and after 3 or 4 days why not this happen suddenly loading game.

Archived