Corsair Community

New Memory Showing Hardware Reserved

Jericho2013

Sorry if this sounds petty but I just upgraded to 64gb Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 and 63.7 shows as usable. The rest shows as hardware reserved. My previous TridentZ memory showed the full amount as usable on the same exact system. I have the latest bios and have it set to XMP. I tried setting to optimized defaults on all bios settings and the same amount shows as usable. The correct size of the memory is reported in Windows 10 and the bios. It's just the usable that is lower.

I have never seen this happen with the different brands of memory I have used including Corsair Dominator Platinum. Just wondering why this is happening?

Thanks.

I disabled all hardware I don't use on the motherboard and followed some guides on another site to free up reserved memory. It's still the same. I probably just won't worry about it since it's working really well. It passed 4 passes of Memtest on XMP and 6 hours of Prime 95.

• Corsair Employee
I disabled all hardware I don't use on the motherboard and followed some guides on another site to free up reserved memory. It's still the same. I probably just won't worry about it since it's working really well. It passed 4 passes of Memtest on XMP and 6 hours of Prime 95.

Did you also change your page file size?

-Art

Archived