Corsair Community

Downloading Video Files

jbevr

I recently upgraded my Voyager Air Firmware to Version 2.1.2 and downloaded the latest Apple App 2.1.0. Since that time I started having problems downloading video files from the drive onto my portable devices; upon selecting the "download" option within the app, the app crashes and the file does not even begin to dowload. All of my video files are in native .m4v format and I am able to stream them from the drive to my devices without any issues. Photos and music files do not appear to have this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to resolve the problem?

Is this error happening with one specific .m4v file, or with all of them? Are they iTunes (DRM-protected files)?

We have tested and verified the ability to download video files (including mp4, m4v, avi and mkv formats) with the app.

You may be running into an issue simply because the video files are big (much larger than photos or music files). Can you verify how much free storage you have on your mobile devices? If you rename a video file to ".mp4" and then try to download it, does the same thing happen?

I've checked your suggestions and discovered the following:

- my devices have enough free storage space available for the video files that I am trying to download through the app

- the video files that I am having problems downloading to the app are not DRM- protected

- changing the file name from ".m4v" to ".mp4" does not enable the files to be downloaded to the app

- it appears as though video files that are larger than 2.0 GB are creating the download issues; they merely crash the app

Archived