Corsair Community

All I want to do is make all my keys white and stay that way forever

jpSQLDude

ALL I WANT TO DO IS MAKE ALL MY KEYS WHITE, and stay that way forever. That's it! Why is this so difficult?

I just got a new CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. I went to download CUE and it took me here...

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

I see 2 totally different version of this software available for download! See the screenshot....

1.16.42 | 3/28/2016

2.24.35 | 3/13/2018

http://www.pointofentry.com/K70.bmp

I tried both versions -- they are preposterously non-intuitive, and shockingly neither one comes with instructions!

So I had to plow through your completely disorganized FAQ...

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/FAQs

...where I stumbled on one that says...

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE MANUAL AS A PDF FOR THE CORSAIR UTILITY ENGINE SOFTWARE?

You Can Download The Full Manual As A PDF Here.

I clicked the Here link and downloaded the PDF.

That PDF does NOT say what version of CUE it is for!

So I have installed and tried to figure out both versions. That PDF manual talks about "Modes". The old version DOES have Modes, the new version does NOT (not that I can find).

Is this PDF for the old version?

Is there a PDF manual for the latest version? If so, where?

Which version of this software should I be running for my new keyboard?

How do I make all my keys white, and stay that way forever?? That's all I want to do!

EDIT: I thought I made my keys all white, but just now I locked my computer and they all turned red! What is going on? Ugh! I just want my keys to be white, and stay white, that's it!!

i4VT8Oj.png On the profile that has your white lighting selected, you're gonna want to find the second to last icon. When you hover over it, it'll say "Save Static Lighting and Performance". Click that and then close CUE and see if the lighting sticks.

xMacias -- you are a gentleman and a scholar! That worked great. Actually it seems, at least for my hardware/software combo, all I need to do is adjust the settings and press that one button (which has a different name now), and it is saved to the keyboard, I didn't need to do any of that dupe/folder rigmarole. Thanks again!

Corsair -- your documentation is an ABOMINATION! It is disorganized. It is completely out-of-date. It has huge entire chunks of features completely missing, such as the one we are discussing here. Some questions are only answered in the FAQ. The PDF documentation mentions features that don't even exist. YOU SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED!!! And you should fix your documentation yesterday. Can you even imagine how many hours of your customers' time you have wasted, when you could just put together one really good document?? That shows an incredible disrespect for the people who pay your wages -- not cool. Oh hey, while you're at it, why don't you upgrade your forum software from the 1908's version??

bit.do/CUE2M

I don't see why they would be embarrassed by not releasing a guide for their software. Razer doesnt have ****, and all the smaller companies might guides that lasts 3 pages with software that's 1/10 as powerful. If you want a nice in-between Logitech is your answer. Ok software with tons of documentation. I get where you're coming from, but I hope you realize that things are changing faster and faster. And at the rate Corsair adds stuff in by the time they finished writing anything it would be 20% out of date and they would still need to translate it into 5-6 different languages?

If they released a complete guide today right now. By next week it will be out of date. Their new and next best thing will be out and it will have major changes and improvements, and the poor guy who just spent a month on the guide gets to restart.

As for Forum software yea Come on Corsair.

If they released a complete guide today right now. By next week it will be out of date.

It took me 5 minutes to run a wizard and set up a wiki on Hostgator. Put documentation on a wiki, make changes on the fly, problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...
i4VT8Oj.png On the profile that has your white lighting selected, you're gonna want to find the second to last icon. When you hover over it, it'll say "Save Static Lighting and Performance". Click that and then close CUE and see if the lighting sticks.

Thanks for the tip, great it works for you.

Unfortunately, on my Corsair K65 LUX RGB there is no such "Save" button, so if the Corsair Utility Engine is not running I can't enjoy my custom profile. Just resets to default all red except WASD and arrows.

Corsair Utility Engine version is 2.24.35

Here is my custom profile where the save button is missing:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2l9ta2b.jpg

Archived