The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2018, 02:35 PM

POST ID # = 942182
MrSirrr Reputation: 10

PLEAAAASE plllease add a FN lock option, allowing f9-f12 to be media keys. My old quickfire could do this by holding the fn key for a few seconds without any software so please consider adding this to CUE for the k65

Old 02-27-2018, 06:53 AM
BetteBalterZen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942454
BetteBalterZen Reputation: 10

We need a proper mic boost feature, like Windows's default feature, with 10x, 20x, 30x boost.

I have to use 3rd party software to boost my mic properly and that can't be right.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:54 PM
M3x6p!Ez49531&*'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 942826
M3x6p!Ez49531&* Reputation: 10
Default Export ALL Profiles

Seriously, who enjoys clicking through each profile and exporting them folder by folder?

Maybe I missed the option to backup the entire profile portfolio in one go. Or if I haven't hopefully it'll be added soon.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:12 PM

POST ID # = 942867
WhoIsWORM Reputation: 10

I want to be able to record mouse movement while recording a macro with the MR button on my keyboard. It works fine in CUE, but using the button to record the macro doesn't do it. There's no reason I should have to press record in CUE, switch to the program I want to do something in, do the action, switch back to CUE, end the recording, and trim off the stuff I didn't want. I have a button for recording macros, but it doesn't work for the one type of macro I actually want to record.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:44 PM

POST ID # = 944097
Petro Reputation: 10
Default Macro Editor Improvements:

- Copy/Paste/Cut Functions of events BETWEEN macros!!! (Used to be available on CUE 1). This is so important: get a part of a macro that works. and be able to copy it to another macro with all the delays etc. So hard to re-enter now, and so prone to errors.

- Maybe a "REM" feature, such that you can deactivate lines of the macro and test if the change is appropriate and put it back if the change is not appropriate.

- Maybe a notes feature in the macro editor, so you could type small notes beside the line number of the macro action (ie. you've recorded mouse movement and have a million lines in the macro and want to delete some of them, but make sure you have the right ones), or post a note that identifies that that purpose of the macro is, etc.

- Mask keys for the editor functions of the macro (ie. I for Insert, E or D for Edit, Ctrl-c for copy (already there, but could indicate in flyover for the function), etc)

- Ability to assign macro to multiple keys or buttons. Allow only one macro name. Changes to the macro should affect the macro universally.

- More of the standard windows shortcuts implemented: Ctrl-X (cut), Ctrl-Y (repeat), Ctrl-U (undo), within the editor. Right click to pull up a right click menu, with the basic editor functions in the menu.

- When in the editor, make the default mode "edit mode". Don't have to press the edit button, just be editing. Have the up and down arrow keys move through lines of the editor, and the page up and page down keys move through pages of the editor.

- A pop up window, or expanded real estate for the macro editor.

- Clearer definition of the successive macro options, or a return of the options available of CUE 1: I have a series of 30 actions activated by key press, and 30 actions that I want activated by key release, which worked well for me in CUE 1, but for which I can't get to work in CUE 2, and I'm not sure the reason why. (The Copy/Paste feature between macros mentioned at the beginning would help me out here). I have both macros set as execute uninterrupted. In Cue 1 I think there was an option to move to the next macro in the queue, whereas now, I think I'm interrupting the press macro or the release macro is not registering often because the first macro is not done before I release the button.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:38 PM

POST ID # = 944105
Default [B][COLOR="Yellow"]User Interface Improvements[/COLOR][/B]

- Add Field column names to the Lighting Effects, Actions, and Action Library Windows (Possibly allow them to be hidden or not). Make it so that clicking on the column name will sort by that column either descending or ascending, similar to a windows file folder.

- Add an option to show all keys in the Actions window. Add an avatar for "Default", in the avatar column. Make "Right click" able to reset the key to default, while not deleting the action.

- Make an identifier or another column in the Actions Window identifying that the macro has a second action, and (what that action is).

- The default setting for lighting effects should be that you're adding to the existing dataset, not that you're starting a new dataset. You should not have to hold down control to add to the existing set. Too many times, I've deleted sets assigned to a lower layer to add the effect to a new button, with no visual cue that I've deleted it.

- An indicator for which lighting effects are assigned to which keys, and an option to set the key to default or clear the lighting effect from the key. (In Cue 1, you had flyovers over the keys identifying macros: you could make this flyover identify lighting effects) I have varying shades of the same color in my effects, and (I believe) you have to type it with the same effect to remove it (but, I don't know which shade of yellow for example, I have to tap it with to remove it, then lo and behold, if I misclick, I've added that shade of yellow to the key as an effect and removed it from everywhere else I had it on the keyboard). (Or you could add a keys column to the lighting effects window sortable as above).

- So many features of CUE 1 were superior to CUE 2. Hire someone to build a complicated scheme on CUE 1, and get him/her to rebuild it from scratch/copied on CUE 2. I can send you a sample profile if you want... Grr... (passive aggressive complaint that Cue 2 installation wiped out all my profiles, actions, and lighting that were made on CUE 1 without warning.) It's like you didn't use your own software. I can't reload it, but it seemed so much easier. Can I write that? Cue 1 as a competitor to Cue 2 still wins. I can't remember all the features that it had that were lost that should be carried over.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:28 PM

POST ID # = 944116
Default Macro Recording

- Make the cursor/recording viewing area follow the recording - Previously CUE 1 opened a different viewing window while recording an insertion. Now if you're recording an insertion into an existing macro the cursor jumps to the end of the existing macro and you cannot see what you're recording. Then when you press stop recording you have to scroll through your macro to find the recording insertion point.

- Record key strokes/key press If best practice is to have key strokes within macro. Have an option to record key strokes or key press/key release events. You have wasted real estate over to the right of record settings and Keyboard events. Same applies to mouse clicks i guess.

- Record constant delays between actions I think available in Cue 1, or I got around it by copy/pasting between actions. Not so important when recording a new macro, because you can insert delays between all actions. However when you're recording an insertion, you can't clear all delays.

- Merge all Delays You had this: I'm sure of it. Why did you lose it? Put me on the petition to bring it back.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:40 PM

POST ID # = 945199
Paxon Reputation: 10

I'd really like to be able to bind actions to keyboard combinations, as in "CTRL+KEY" or "SHIFT+KEY" etc.

That'd be a really nice addition I think.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:35 AM

POST ID # = 945294

- Left Click/Right Click Bind Action to key/Go to key - Left Mouse click currently binds the Action to the key. Have Right Mouse Click take you to the action on the list that is bound to the key. Example: If I have an action "Profile Switch" and I want to assign it to G2, currently left click while action highlighted on G2. Make it so that Right click on G2 will take you to the action currently assigned to G2. (I actually think it should be the reverse: left click takes you to key/right click binds action)

Disclaimer: Cue1 user interface was superior to Cue2 (vastly imo). This is just a suggestion to improve Cue2 within the current limits of the interface.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:37 PM
totorman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945330
totorman Reputation: 10

Hi,
i think about 2-3 things.

I made 2 screenshots of a possible implementation :)

Default profile for sleep mode / demo mode after some time

A switch action key that can act as a key lock

With this you can program for example the num lock key to be 2 colors, and to acts as a num lock.
But you can too if you select the start color as the lock key and uncheck the acts as num lock checkbox, colorize all the numbers on the right keypad
You can also add a start value choice of the value of another switch. In this way you can create for example a console mode : activation of the "²" key would illuminate all keys to type on console, and reactivation of the "²" key will off the switch so reassigning the previous color for the keys.
I also think you can make a switch with variable number of position (from 2 to ...) to act as a multiposition switch, but in this case (more than 2) you disable the key lock functions and readd the "+" and "x" buttons to add more colors

In the advanced mode also, there is a gradient thing that is missing. I could not achieve to make a cool gradient animation for now :( There is always some dark coming at some time :(

Last edited by totorman; 03-18-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:24 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945896
donalgodon Reputation: 10

How about the ability to reduce the brightness of a linked device along with the keyboard (like a Glaive mouse)?

At present, the only option is 100% or OFF on the mouse.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:20 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946083
hastegag Reputation: 20

This is like not a priority, but currently the forum link in the software goes to:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=214

Which is a subset of the CUE support...so you might want to go to the parent of them or straight to the CUE sub forum?

Old 03-24-2018, 11:01 AM
Phlegon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946297
Phlegon Reputation: 10

I want something fairly basic. Separate the advanced and basic modes for each corsair device. I have Strafe RGB and Sabre RGB and when I enable advace mode to import an advanced profile on my Strafe keyboard the Sabre mouse goes off and I need to manually create a rainbow profile for it which is a pain. I would like to keep the stock profiles for Sabre while enabling custom profiles for keyboard only. Those 2 shouldn't be mixed or tie together like this.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:23 PM

POST ID # = 947004
MrSirrr Reputation: 10
Cool

BUMP

FN toggle or lock option PLEASE

I will pray to the corsair gods every night until this feature is added

Old 03-31-2018, 07:36 AM
Shigbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947817
Shigbeard Reputation: 10

I have a massive issue with Corsair Utility Engine.

For backstory: I speedrun GoldSRC games, such as Half-Life: Decay and Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D. In games such as this, the higher my FPS = the better my performance. Speedrunners of these games require a higher framerate than what our monitors can actually display due to a number of oddities with the engine, most notably air strafing (where if you strafe into a turn mid-air, you will gain velocity while also adjusting your horizontal trajectory).

Where I'm going with this is quite simple. I've been trying to figure out where my FPS is going to when trying to speedrun, and today I tried closing absolutely everything, and could not get a stable framerate (I was at 140-170 fps). I decided "**** it, lets try closing Corsair Utility Engine". Boom. Instant, stable 200 fps. Corsair Utility Engine LITERALLY eats frames from Half Life.

Why is this a big deal? Not only does it LOWER my max framerate, it also causes my framerate to FREQUENTLY DIP far below the average. These are called FPS drops, and if one happens right as you are about to jump or perform some frame perfect movement tech like an edgebug, your inputs will be delayed (even if its by a dozen MS) and you will fail the tech.

CUE is a massive resource hog and in order for me to play at my best, I must disable Corsair's Utility Engine (and thus most of the features of my mouse and headset, including key rebindings that my mouse's direct competitor, the Razer Naga, can save directly to the device and have work WITHOUT a program eating resources on my computer).

Because of this, I am now looking into replacing my mouse and headset. I WAS very happy with my Schimitar RGB, and my Void Wireless, however with most of the functionality of these devices locked away behind resource intensive software, I am going to find solutions elsewhere. It also doesn't help that Corsair doesn't support Linux in any of their devices or their software.

Great work on losing a customer.

PS: I also find it funny that your "Official Forums" don't support HTTPS, and that you use vBulletin of all things. Jesus christ and I thought your tramp stamp was your low point...