Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D

sh1ft

I noticed the case will come with 2 200mm fans. I had a few questions about them.

- Are they traditional depth 200mm fans, or the same as the 600T?

- Can the front 200mm be replaced with 2 120mm like the top 200mm?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering the press release only came out less than 24 hours ago, and this is the first day of CES, let's give the reviews some time :) I'm sure like normal there'll be the standard videos from Corsair's hotel room that they've done in years past. Yes, they have a booth in addition to a hotel room registered explicitly for demonstrations (it's listed on the CES site).

My 600T will be gone the day this case is released. I'm just hoping I can replace all of the stock 650D fans with better ones. My only real complaint with the 600T is that the 200mm fans are weak and proprietary.

Isn't that basically the 800D without hotswap?

650D:

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/5/650d_d.png

800D:

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/0/800d_newdoor-wcovers.png

@Wired

Seems like i will need to find that 3.5-inch bay adapter that came with my Force 120gb SSD's in order to mount them in the 650D, am i rite?

Also, will the PSU be visible in the 650D? One thing i disliked about 800D was the fact that 50% of the PSU was visible along with all the wires.

Yeah i saw mate, what i wanted was a sidewindow that only showed mobo,gfx,ram,etc.

I have spend quite some money on custom sleeved cables so it looks like my build is "cable-free", but the cables from my psu sort of messes it up, that's why i wanted the window to cover the psu and the psu cables. Oh well. Not much i can do. A custom sidewindow costs a fortune, apparently.

The 650D is internally a remake of the 600T, with Obsidian style outer.

Looks good, though I think Corsair should put their mind to supporting existing customers of their high end chassis' instead of retooling their cases. As much as I like the outer design more than the 600s, I won't be buying Corsair until they step up their game.

Specifically, before someone asks for it (though by no means simply), windowed sides and SATA3 backplanes (even though I have a 700D, it's shocking to see how long they've made people wait).

The 650D is internally a remake of the 600T, with Obsidian style outer.

Looks good, though I think Corsair should put their mind to supporting existing customers of their high end chassis' instead of retooling their cases. As much as I like the outer design more than the 600s, I won't be buying Corsair until they step up their game.

Specifically, before someone asks for it (though by no means simply), windowed sides and SATA3 backplanes (even though I have a 700D, it's shocking to see how long they've made people wait).

I'm not going to defend Corsair here on the 650D. But I think that the USB 3 front panel issue is more complicated. I read somewhere that the standard for motherboard connectors for USB 3 isn't complete yet. If that is true, once the new Sandy Bridge motherboards start to appear, then this standard may be in place. Maybe.

x509

Step up? What are you hoping to be able to do?

Sacrifice the weight/size on the 800D with the USB 3.0 on the 650D.

EDIT: I just got my Evga Classified USB 3.0 mobo so i will need USB 3.0 on the front in the future. Also, the weight on the 800D is a bit too much, i can't physically move it.

Archived