Corsair Community

Carbide 540 Front Panel Wiring Not Long Enough

mike_j_johnson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem. I think I already voided whatever warranty I had because I cut and splice the LED wires to extend the power and reset wire, I'll say is the only disappointment of my whole build yesterday, maybe a bottom grommet too.

• Corsair Employee

This ticket has been processed internally. Please note that this part is not available in the system so the replacement process may take longer than normal. In any case, we'll update you through the messaging system.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
How did you place a ticket?...there is no part number for the case in the support area

In a mean time, please use a different part number (anything). Post your ticket number here, and I will get someone take care of it.

Thanks.

To follow up with the thread, I have the same problem with the front panel wiring.

MB: Intel DX79SR

Ticket Number: 6076439

Do you guys have any extension kits you're shipping out to people with compatibility problems like mine? Every wire is too short, incl. the USB 3 front panel connector.

• Corsair Employee

Both tickets has been processed. Please note that this part is currently not available. ETA is about a week. We will update you through the ticket messaging system when it shipped.

Thanks.

Thanks again RAM GUY. I would assume you will be getting an entire new module with all cables at least a foot longer. This would fix the problem for everyone involved I am guessing.

This had to be a manufacturing mistake, because I cannot think of any full ATX board that would work with these short cables. Maybe if the front panel inputs on the motherboard were down by the SATA ports, but most that I can think of are all along the bottom edge below the last PCIe slot.

I also submitted a request for an extension for my USB 3.0 front panel (ticket #6080746.) It is a bit confusing to complete since there is no correct part to choose from the list; I chose a random part and hope my ticket will be noticed with accuracy. The front USB 3.0 cord is too short to plug in to my ga-z77-ds3h motherboard. Please help me corsair. I paid a pretty penny for this lovely case and would like to be able to use the front USB. Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

Ticket 6083130 has been processed.

Just a quick update on this issue. We should be receiving the replacement parts soon. The I/O with longer cables should be shipped out soon.

I thank everyone here for their patience.

Ticket 6083130 has been processed.

Just a quick update on this issue. We should be receiving the replacement parts soon. The I/O with longer cables should be shipped out soon.

I thank everyone here for their patience.

Any updates? A note left when I placed my ticket, 9 days ago, stated the cables will be in within the week and shipped shortly after. Thanks!