The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Shyneus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965636
Shyneus Reputation: 10
Angry My mouse and keyboard are broken now.

A firmware update for the K70 LUX RGB and the Scimitar Pro RGB just came out. I installed both. They both came up with warning after the update had finished, so I re plugged both to see what the warning where. They both said that the update had failed. I restarted my PC, thinking this would fix it. It turned on, but was stuck on a black screen with 90 in the bottom right corner. Nothing would happen until I unplugged my mouse and keyboard. When the Windows login screen loaded, I saw that it was stretched with AMD Eyefinity over both of my monitors. I re plugged my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard only did one thing: Constantly move my mouse to the top left of the screen. I unplugged them both and logged in with an old mouse and keyboard. I fixed the Eyefinity coming out of nowhere then re plugged the mouse to find that it worked, except the thumb buttons and it had default lighting. I plugged in the keyboard to find that it did nothing but move my mouse towards the top left of the screen. I had to wrestle with my mouse to clear the keyboard's onboard cache, but it didn't works. Now I'm here, very annoyed about my bricked £300 worth of mouse and keyboard, making a wall of text with some old rubber dome keyboard, hoping for help.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:04 PM
helishmeli's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965645
helishmeli Reputation: 10

Just out of curiosity, did you update iCUE to 3.5.111? Or was this all after firmware updates?

Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Shyneus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965748
Shyneus Reputation: 10

No, I just did a firmware update for my mouse and keyboard that was notified at the bottom of the iCUE window, then it all broke. But anyway, I got the file for a hard reset and the keyboard is fixed now.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:08 PM

POST ID # = 965760
dl_lucas Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyneus View Post
No, I just did a firmware update for my mouse and keyboard that was notified at the bottom of the iCUE window, then it all broke. But anyway, I got the file for a hard reset and the keyboard is fixed now.
I've same problem with my K70 lux rgb . How could you solve the issue?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 965809
Corsair Lettuce Reputation: 10

Hey Guys,

So we are aware of this, the easiest way to get this take care of is to create a support ticket and request the manual flash file. The Technical support team will distribute it along with instructions.

Tags
broken, k70 firmware, k70 lux rgb, scimitar firmware, scimitar pro rgb