Corsair Community

Hx 750

no1yak

I've had this PSU for six years now(passed form build to build) and is now in my second machine Asrock Z97. Turned it on this morning and it went into a start up cycle. Cpu fan and chassis fans turn on and off. Power supply fan not running (this psu fan runs all the time normally).

The only way to get it working was to pull the power cord and wait a few minutes and re connect. If I just used the psu power switch then it would still power cycle even after ten minutes or more. Once it's running everything is stable and voltages are OK. Not sure what to do, I think the HX series is guaranteed for 7 years. So what would be the replacement as this PSU is out of production? any ideas, anyone.

I suspect a HX750i.

Thanks for the reply Ray. I have started an RMA but, this morning it fired up with no problems, so I'm not sure whether to cancel the ticket. I have until next July before the warrantee expires. This has been/is a good PSU and my concern is that I could end up with PSU that is no where near as reliable as this one has been/is.

You need to check with Corsair support. You may also wish to ask for an express RMA so you get the new PSU before returning the old one.

Yes all cables are required, not bothered about an advanced RMA as this is not my main machine. fortunately we have a Corsair RMA site in the UK so shipping shouldn't be that expensive.

Archived