The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2018, 04:18 PM
yellowblanka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936564
yellowblanka Reputation: 10

As I/others have said multiple times - this problem is not restricted to Steam. Even with Steam and CUE disabled, anything to do with connected controllers will lock up UNTIL the keyboard is unplugged. The ONLY solution for me was to disable all the extra Corsair HID devices - uninstalling them would only lead to a re-install and the problem re-appearing. Unfortunately, not running CUE/disabling these devices means you lose all extra functionality and my K55 is locked into the default rainbow pulse. I don't know if this is a problem with your HID drivers and certain motherboards etc. or Windows 10, or a Windows 10 update, but you should really reach out to Microsoft/do more internal testing on your HID drivers. Do you test your keyboards with older motherboards/chipsets, or only motherboards made within the last few years? I have not even owned this keyboard a month and in the last week or so I've spent far more time trying to troubleshoot this issue than any time/inconvenience etc. saved by your CUE software/macros - the lack of communication is getting ludicrous at this point. You're not really inspiring much confidence in your brand.

Last edited by yellowblanka; 01-21-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:43 AM

POST ID # = 938484
saturnotaku Reputation: 10

There is definitely an issue that is specific to the K55 and its USB implementation. With one of these keyboards connected to a powered USB hub, the in-box Windows game controller calibration utility will take 30 seconds to a minute to open and be unresponsive when it does, requiring the process to be killed through task manager. The offending process is related to rundll32.exe. This happens regardless of whether a controller is connected or not, on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, and it doesn't matter if CUE is installed or not. Moving the keyboard to one of the USB ports on my laptop fixes the problem. Similarly, connecting a different keyboard to the powered hub, including a Strafe RGB, doesn't cause the lockup.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:23 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 938715
Corsair James Reputation: 69

There is no point in continuing this discussion until we can implement a workaround. Since Valve doesn't have much to offer, we'll have to do it solely through our own efforts. Im locking this thread until I have more updates.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 02-06-2018, 05:03 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 939404
Corsair James Reputation: 69

Update: We are going to update all of our firmware for our HID peripherals to ignore Steam requests for polling to solve this issue. This will occur in the next 1-2 months (due to the volume of firmware that has to be changed.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Closed Thread

Tags
crash, cue, keyboard, steam