Corsair Community

Easy Newbee questions!

KMB

Hello

I have just puchased i Link kit with LED's and Cooler node but have a few questions that might be easy to anwer for others but hard for me a this stage.

1) I have updated the commander to firmwar 2.0.6 but where can i find firmware to the cooling node ( currently running version 1.1.2) and the LED node ( currently running version 1.1.9) ?

2) I have been playing around with the colors of the leds by changing the 3 colors and their temperatures in the control panel. Now i would like the original colors back, bu how? I can not choose them in the panel! Is there a short cut or reg edit possibility?

3) What does the small red numbers mean at the upper right corner of the different fan, temperature, and LED icons on the main screen?

4) i have tried to set up the email control, but does not receive any emails. Does anybode know what to look for? I have allso crossed that fans chould go to 100% and that works fine.

5) When a fan goes to 100% because of an alarm - what makes it return to normal status? I have tried to set a minimum rpm alarm of 500 rpm and crossed of that if it goes below 500 all fans should go to 100%. Then i tried to stop a fan by hand and all fans went to 100 percent. When i let go of the fans and i started to rotate all fans went back to their original rpm apart from the one i stopped. It stayes at 100% What to do? I have choosen the rpm plan where i can set temperatures and rpms for all fans.

6) I have been looking for a user manual for the software, but i can not find one. Is it out there?

7) Can i switch of the computer as long as there are power on the usb? Are the regulation done by the software running on the pc or by the commander box itself?

8) Sometimes it seems as if the LEDs does not work properly. Anybody seen that?

9) What are the relation between the software setup an the two pushbuttons on the LED node itself? I want the software to control the LED's.

Kind Regards

KMB

Hello

I have just puchased i Link kit with LED's and Cooler node but have a few questions that might be easy to anwer for others but hard for me a this stage.

1) I have updated the commander to firmwar 2.0.6 but where can i find firmware to the cooling node ( currently running version 1.1.2) and the LED node ( currently running version 1.1.9) ?

if its working,dont update it,updates are for certain issues

2) I have been playing around with the colors of the leds by changing the 3 colors and their temperatures in the control panel. Now i would like the original colors back, bu how? I can not choose them in the panel! Is there a short cut or reg edit possibility?

click on the led icon and a panel opens for configuring [see my sig]

3) What does the small red numbers mean at the upper right corner of the different fan, temperature, and LED icons on the main screen?

the represent what group that fan,led ect is in

4) i have tried to set up the email control, but does not receive any emails. Does anybode know what to look for? I have allso crossed that fans chould go to 100% and that works fine.

email isnt activated yet for use,people kept pusing for the software release sooo...

5) When a fan goes to 100% because of an alarm - what makes it return to normal status? I have tried to set a minimum rpm alarm of 500 rpm and crossed of that if it goes below 500 all fans should go to 100%. Then i tried to stop a fan by hand and all fans went to 100 percent. When i let go of the fans and i started to rotate all fans went back to their original rpm apart from the one i stopped. It stayes at 100% What to do? I have choosen the rpm plan where i can set temperatures and rpms for all fans.

im not sure,i havent used this feature yet.

6) I have been looking for a user manal for the software, but i can not find one. Is it out there?

much of needed info can be found here on the board

Hello

Thanks for the hints.

About the original colors of the LED's n the setup. I can't choose the original blue, green, and red. The colors of choise in the dialog box that open is different. The blue and green original color is much more bright and clean compared to the ones i can choose in the dialog box. What can i do? Is is stored in th registry somewhere?

Another question: Can i switch of the computer as long as there are power on the usb? Are the regulation done by the software running on the pc or by the commander box itself?

Press the button on the Lightning Node and see if you can get your colour back.

4. The email notifications do work. The Hotmail, Gmail ones doesn't work. If possible, use your ISPs SMTP server and login info and test it.

5. You need to set a min. and max. value for the notifications.

Hi

Thanks

I can not get the colors back. I have search the registry but can not find where the colors are stored?

The email does not work eigther. I have tried a few different. Does anyone know of a free email that work? Then i can use that one for this notification.

Archived