Corsair Community

Refunding the K95 / NO STOCK?

Richard-G

Hello all,

I just want to share my experience as well with Corsair warranty here as more people are having problems with it as well:

January 8th 2014 I bought a K95 keyboard because lot's of people where very positive about it. After using it for a year I noticed one key not working properly anymore (my leds are actually all working fine).

I requested an RMA and after a a quick response or two I also got the messsage that the keyboard was out of stock. A lot of other people are getting the same message as well with different keyboards. This is strange as they keyboard can be purchased still.

After three days of silence and no respons to my questions I turned to the online helpdesk. I have a NA layout keyboard and that is not in stock but if I would settle for a EU/UK my problem would be solved quicker. I prefer NA so that was no option.

Then the most strange solutions that I have ever heared was presented to me:

- send in the keyboard and wait for a replacement or,

- get a refund for the keyboard -10% for every year I have used it.

The first is strange as I can't operate my computer without a keyboard and waiting for it when there is no date sounds strange. The second even stranger because they have a big chance of loosing a customer. Although I like the keyboard very much I won't take a risk that this keyboard will never come in stock and I get stuck with a defected keyboard that cost me over 150 euro's (and now -10% because I used it 13 months instead of 12) so after a replacement the refund is the best option.

Now some lesson in providing service to the customer: my son had a G19 gaming keyboard from Logitech. It broke down after 1 year and 10 months. After filling in the required information it took Logitech two (2) days to send a COMPLETELY NEW keyboard (the latest version of it). No 10% off for using, no costs for shipping the old keyboard, no hastle at all. Actually they didn't even want the old keyboard back at all. And that keyboard was also 149 euro's when we bought it. And this story can be backed up with evidence ofcourse.

So, as said before, although I enjoy the keyboard very much, I sadly have to inform you that my next keyboard will probably be a Logitech and no Corsair anymore. At this point I regret even buying the M95 mouse and more Corsair products I have bought because this is no service they are providing and what can I expect if something else breaks down?

I've been waiting 2 months for my replacement. It's getting ridiculous. I have a spare old keyboard that I can use in the meantime, but they should have at least warned me of a long wait. I had a burned out LED, now I don't have a keyboard. I could have waited for an express RMA with my still functional (but not what I paid for) keyboard, but now I don't have either.

Did you just request a refund? I don't know if I was given that option (I've had it <1 yr) but after 2 months of waiting, I'm bailing on Corsair.

Well, no longer want to wait is a bit easy said if people have to wait for 2 months or more.

Further, I just thought, the choice is actually rather stupid: wait for a long time or get money back minus 10%.

The better way would be a total refund, it would be different if they could replace it in say a week or so but months is rediculous.

In the meantime I did get a UPS ticket but no further information regarding refunds on my ticket although the helpdesk said they would note it in the ticket as well.

In the meantime called Customer Service three days ago and said I don't want a 90% refund but a replacement or repair for my K95. And as you might guess, nothing heared from Corsair.

Yesterday again a try to call for my RMA again. I learned that the first callback was not registered in the system, so no callback at all. Again my question how it is possible that a company like Corsair makes such a mess from their RMA procedure regarding keyboards and ofcourse the remark that I don't agree with 90% payback. And exactly as the training for support desk employees subscribes, lots of silent moments with lots of sorry's and refering to their warranty pages that they can choose if they want to refund or replace the product when it is defected. I told them I don't want a 90% refund as they can not live up to their warranty and that is not my fault. Now management has to decide for a 100% refund because they can't replace the keyboard. The guy even mentioned that I am free to choose any brand of keyboard then.

This is going on now for two weeks and still no solution for my RMA, not even an estimate date for the K95 but a company eager to pay back money so they get rid of you easily and in silence. How is this possible? How can it be that a company does not even slightly care about keeping satisfied customers and actually tells customers to go look for another brand?

Next update, a promised call to me has still not happened, a request for a 100% refund not answered in four days.

Time to call back again to Corsair for an explanation.

If someone from Customer Care is reading this, please respond. In the meantime I try to contact persons higher in the organisation because I am serious curious if this is company policy.

Archived