Corsair Community

Void Pro mic on/mic off issues.

Hello All,

I have the Void Pro Wireless and have only had it for a couple of weeks.

Just this week I found that it will randomly say Mic On, or Mic Off when the microphone is in the off position. Sometimes it will do it up to 3 times a second. I never know when it will happen either as it is random.

I did turn off the voice prompts, so it just beeps instead.

I have uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them, along with verifying that i have the latest iCUE software which I just ran a repair on today.

I have also tried different USB ports.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Edited by moleniumforce
Forgot some information.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have the same Random Mute problem. Annoying when on Skype calls. I also have what sounds like a Pairing alert, however the dongle is about 24" away from the headset.

Its interesting to note others are having problems with the headset. and yes, I have moved the Dongle around to its current location but same results.

No updates/Solutions yet?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Had new headset and mic was always off. I moved the mic to the vertical position (off) and pushed it back to it hit a detent where the mic was locked in the mute position. When I moved it back for the first time it now came unmuted. Don't know if that will work for every mute problem but it seems to have been a permanent fix.

• 1 month later...

I now have '2' Corsair Void Pro Wireless Headsets.

The mic randomly goes off and on; "Mic Off..... Mic Off, Mic off.....Mic off Mic off Mic off..." *Often video (VLC, Streaming, etc.) will freeze and not play until I switch back to external speakers.

Fully Charged battery

Tried different USB Ports

Updated Drivers and Software.

Boom Mic always in off position.

etc etc

Windows 7

MB: ASUS Sabertooth

CPU: FX 8350 4ghz 8 core

GPU: nvidia 1080ti

Edited by apieface

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright everyone, I fixed my headset after having the same issue out of the box.

I went to services and found the "Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration" service and restarted it.

Then I flipped my mic up and down a few times and it is definitely working now!

I hope this helps everyone!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Week old headset been doing the “mic off” thing on me at random. Dongle is already on the front of the case which is about arms length away from where I sit. I’ll look at the audio configuration thing mentioned above. Also noticed that when it says “mic off” it will be distorted audio and RGB rainbow stops changing colors. RGB comes back on a second or 2 later, but “mic off” will keep going. Moving the mic down will say “mic on” and it does pick up sounds.

I use my headset with flight simulators where I have air traffic control coming thru the headset. I don’t always need the mic, but I always need to hear. Can’t hear what ATC is saying if all I’m hearing is “mic off” and distorted audio.

ICue shows it’s latest version and headset is latest firmware (v0.02) seems a bit low for firmware tho but insists it the latest. I’ve got a week left to return the headset where I bought it and get a completely different brand if I can’t find a solution. I like the headset but that “mic off” is just too much and defeats why I bought it in the first place. Can’t call Corsair because call center is closed due to covid.

Steelseries Arctis

This update really ****ed up my headset (Void Pro WIRED)

No more voice for mic on / off, even when it's toggled ON

My Mic wasn't picking up sound. I had no audio sound (managed to fix this)

My mute button was stuck, no matter if I held it in, or tapped it, the headset wouldn't come off of mute

I just uninstalled iCUE. It's ****ing trash.

I'm literally listing this HS on ebay for sale and getting the Arctis.

Edited by MartMayhem

• 2 months later...

This is ridiculous that Corsair has yet to send some kind of software update or refund for those using these headphones. I have owned them now for a couple months and sometimes it never says it and sometimes it repeats every 5 seconds. Its VERY annoying when it happens and I'm just disappointed in Corsair for being so terrible at handling this issue.

Please fix this issue or refund us our money.

• Corsair Employee

Quick update, we just released a new version of iCUE earlier this week which should help resolve this issue. Link for everyone if you want to download the installer rather than update through the software:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.34.161_release.msi

Let me know if you guys still see the same behavior after updating.

• 1 month later...
Quick update, we just released a new version of iCUE earlier this week which should help resolve this issue. Link for everyone if you want to download the installer rather than update through the software:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.34.161_release.msi

Let me know if you guys still see the same behavior after updating.

Just updated via your link two days ago, and the problem has not only gotten more frequent, but it has added another voice prompt or set of beeps to indicate if the mic feedback is on or off. This is getting ridiculous. I am seriously considering cutting my losses and just forking out more $ for a new headset from a different brand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have 3.36.125 version and firmware v 0.02 on my void elite wireless.

From the moment I bought them (couple of months now), I have this issue.

Since I see there is no activity in this forum I guess there is a solution. Can anybody please share it?

Thank you.

still same problem. did everything but still.

updated icue with updated firmware. but still this problem annoying me.

I have 2 same void pro wireless headsets, and first one suddenly doesnt work at all after 1 year use, and now second one goes crazy after 2 months use. WTF is going on you corsair? my $15 headset which I bought 10 years ago still works well. shame on you. I will never buy this **** again.

• 2 weeks later...
Super late response but hopefully this helps someone in the future. Basically all you need to do is go into your ICUE software, click your sound device (headset) and then in the top right click the "settings" and Un-check the "Enable Voice Prompts" option. After that your mic should no longer say "Mic on/Mic off" when being plugged in or out. Hope this helps!

Ok this is getting out of hand. It has not started doing it for 3 minutes at a time and soo loud I had to toss them across the room and they left ringing in my ears.

Cant say this is leaving me with a great outlook on their audio hardware. The software is already buggy.

• Corsair Employee
Ok this is getting out of hand. It has not started doing it for 3 minutes at a time and soo loud I had to toss them across the room and they left ringing in my ears.

Cant say this is leaving me with a great outlook on their audio hardware. The software is already buggy.

Hi zelendel,

I apologize about your experience - have you already tried updating the iCUE software/headset firmware? Disabling voice prompts also seems to help some users. In the meantime, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com.