Corsair Community

installed light node pro and now having trouble with start up.

poanzi1161

Hello i recently purchased 4 hd120 fans and the light node pro with led strips. after i installed them and connected all the wires only the led strips would light up. also it takes about 5 tries to actually get the system to turn fully on. i went into system to download what was needed and it still didn't fix anything. any help would be great, i just built this computer for the first time in about 15years. i just ended up unplugging the sata cable and the usb from motherboard for now and everything went back to normal.

Hello i recently purchased 4 hd120 fans and the light node pro with led strips. after i installed them and connected all the wires only the led strips would light up. also it takes about 5 tries to actually get the system to turn fully on. i went into system to download what was needed and it still didn't fix anything. any help would be great, i just built this computer for the first time in about 15years. i just ended up unplugging the sata cable and the usb from motherboard for now and everything went back to normal.

Is it the HD lights are not coming on with start-up? Or are you having boot trouble with the OS now?

Ok I seem to have fixed the booting issue. It is now only the fans that don’t light up. I attached a photo of the back. Wire management is not ideal but there isn’t much room. I have the fans going to their hub from 1-4 and that is then in Lnp 1 and then I heave rgb strips attached too lnp 2. I also have the usb in and going to a usb2 on the mother board and the SATA cable it connected. I know it was probably covered else where on the forum about the fans not working. I think the reboot issue was something else it was giving me post code f9 and then took about 5 time till it actually started. Like I said I think that has been fixed. Now it’s just the fans. I really appreciate all the help.

EF0CFA7B-5C1A-4A45-989F-C48AB99D5892.thumb.jpeg.504c53901d9ffe6a5edb1bd7019c81cb.jpeg

• Corsair Employee

So you have everything hooked up properly, it's configured properly in Link, but you're not getting any lighting effects on the fans.

The next step is to try shuffling the fans on the fan hub. The way our RGB products work is similar to a string of Christmas lights. If there's one bad LED it prevents the rest of the chain from running; that fan hub just daisy chains the LEDs. So we want to diagnose and see where the problem is, if it's just the fan you have plugged in to port 1 that has issues.

Archived