Corsair Community

CUE 2 has detected an error during software update check

benibene12

I use the latest Cue software v. 2.6.79. Whenever I try to search for updates I get the error saying: CUE 2 has detected an error during software update check. I can't even update my Keyboard firmware now (Currently 2.04, would like to update to 2.05). Is there a fix for this?

problem.thumb.PNG.f9592697e67363898f8361404c6ace04.PNG

That's normal, the update check has not been updated for CUE 2.x yet. It still checks for CUE 1.x. Corsair James made a post with more details somewhere in this forum.

As for the firmware update, you can still do that just fine. Click on that arrow that points to the bottom on the same line of the K70 LUX text, it will open up a new area to check for FW updates ;):

That the "Check for update" button is there, but doesn't work irks my computer programmer brain. If there is no check for update system, then why put in the button? Why point the button at the wrong repository? It would be so simple to hide the button that doesn't work, but they don't. It would be silly to put in a button that opens a popup saying, "This doesn't work yet," but they essentially have done that only with the added confusion. Every time they release I wonder what could possibly be going on in their heads. That Update button would be one of the first things I would fix because it's an UPDATE BUTTON...

• 2 weeks later...

As a new user fighting CUE 2.x (I created a second profile, and now default has quit working), the fact that this is the default download option really, REALLY lowers my opinion of Corsair. It's obviously not ready for prime-time, but there's nothing on the download site that indicates it's a beta product.

Between that and the problems of getting the USB connection working with a KVM (and I understand that it's a pain unless you have DDM, but at least my two previous Logitech keyboards will work in basic mode through a KVM), I'm seriously wondering if I made the right choice in getting a Corsair keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
We will deploy CUE 2 as an update soon. Once that happens, this button will be enabled.

The problem is that the button IS enabled. It's available and clickable for the end user. However, instead of doing what it's supposed to do, the button causes the user to be confused by a vague error message, which forces them to either give up or waste their time searching the web for a solution... an incredibly simple solution that you already have!

Like @abighairyspider said, if there's no update system for the button to initiate, then simply hide the button until the feature exists! Unless this is pre-beta software (which it's not), there's no excuse for this kind of thing to be released, let alone continue to exist in several subsequent releases of the software.

• 1 month later...

I was excited when I found the M65 RGB at Microcenter, I've always like their flash drives and cases. I thought it would be another high quality product from a company I was becoming a fan of. But it was not to be.

When I got it home I spent 3 hours just try to make it work. At the suggestions of Corsair tech support I had to reflash firmware 7 times until the mouse began to work because of a known issue with the firmware.

A couple of weeks ago I got new rig up and running. I downloaded and installed the latest version of CUE and to my dismay I had to reprogram all my settings for my mouse as it turns out they aren't stored on the device like every other gaming mouse I've ever tried.

Then I noticed the "update" button and clicked it. I figured maybe it was just a typo in the code that would be fixed right away. Then I came here and learned that no, in fact some brain surgeon decided to intentionally include a broken update button in a stable release version. What kind of monster does that?!?!?!?!?!?

The bummer is that physically this is the best mouse I've ever owned, but it is ruined by the worst software and firmware ever, of all time.

I don't know what's worse; the incompetence of Corsair's software engineers or the management who refuses to hold them accountable to the skills they lied about on their resumes. I haven't and refuse to buy any further Corsair products until something is done about this mouse's abysmal software and firmware.

I hope President Trump deports the team at Corsair responsible for this childish fiasco.

My guess is that they are waiting for profile groups to be included in CUE (it kinda emulates modes). It was supposed to be available in CUE 2.9 (which was released in January 2017) but it got postponed to 2.10 and further postponed again to 2.11.

• 2 weeks later...

This needs to be fixed. Seriously, to say this is incompetence is an understatement on a whole other level.

It is a piece of software that is required for the proper use of high end products. As such, it needs to at the bare minimum *work*. This button has been left in the software for months causing thousands upon thousands of users to go through the inconvenience of figuring out why it doesn't update. It would take your programmers seconds to fix. Why they won't just do it is completely beyond me.

I, as a hobby win32, UWP and webdeveloper, would love to fix this bug even without payment. :naughty:

But yeah, this is a major annoyance, I just updated CUE2 again to see if it finally got fixed but nah.

I mean I can understand if the engineers have other priorities. That's totally fine, but c'mon, if you're gonna ship the next version, atleast make the button unclickable and greyscale. It really can't be that hard or complicated. Except if the whole program is spaghetti code - which if it's the case - would be very bad.

From a personal point of view, I want to give some advice to Corsair though:

Don't concentrate on the design of the software that much.

Literally every hardware company does this and it

1. cripples the functionality (!)

and 2. makes it look less professional (most apps literally look like a toy for children)

I'm happy with the updates, they're going into the right direction now. But it still looks like a toy supercar with a wankel engine inside.

Id like it soon but it seems not everyone wants to upgrade from 1.16 yet.

Any why might you suppose that is James?

Edit: Nope, this was just going to be a joke but I'm done laughing James.

This simply shows gross incompetence and a lack of respect towards the user-base.

Sure, us power-users know by now not to use the button because it doesn't work and just go to the website instead.

But what about the THOUSANDS of entry-level users who have no idea why the error is there or how to fix it?

This thread has been open for 5 months now James, users need to be shown that you care enough to disable or fix a feature that you already know isn't working.

Yea, I'm thankful the software has taken a new direction now with folders but, you want to know the real reason why users haven't switched James?

It's because nobody trusts the new software.

And why should they? You've given them absolutely no reason to.

.... would love to fix this bug even without payment.

I am professional developer ( I am also willing to fix bug, but will want money ). I find it incomprehensible this very likely trivial disabling hasn't already been done.

The current version is now 2.11.115, which means that for some unknown reason your development team is continuing to mess people around.

Seriously.... what gives?

I really want love you guys, but this is not cool. The software is _VERY_ buggy from the few days I have been using it, At kindest I would rate it alpha quality.

Which is fine and I can live with that, as long as you acknowledge iy and reassure me that you are going to fix it over the next weeks and months.

This thread concerns me, because this is such a simple fix and yet hasn't been done.

Like many others I have come to find out that your development team are exhibiting seriously amateur conduct, it's like finding your new girlfriend has a hairy back when you get her clothes off for the first time.

Really, just get yourself down the waxers and get it sorted immediately.

I haven't posted product review yet, but will be doing that. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see what happens here.

What is your definition of soon?

Soon: Copyright 2017 Corsair. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Corsair and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Corsair does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Corsair will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Any why might you suppose that is James?

Edit: Nope, this was just going to be a joke but I'm done laughing James.

This simply shows gross incompetence and a lack of respect towards the user-base.

Sure, us power-users know by now not to use the button because it doesn't work and just go to the website instead.

But what about the THOUSANDS of entry-level users who have no idea why the error is there or how to fix it?

This thread has been open for 5 months now James, users need to be shown that you care enough to disable or fix a feature that you already know isn't working.

Yea, I'm thankful the software has taken a new direction now with folders but, you want to know the real reason why users haven't switched James?

It's because nobody trusts the new software.

And why should they? You've given them absolutely no reason to.

^^ Absolutely spot on!

Corsair products themselves are very well made but the software making them work at the moment is diabolical at best.

Wulf

I re-visited this thread to see what the status was. I don't think the executives at Corsair have any idea how bad this small type of problem left unattended can effect the appearance and reputation of a company. Recently I have built a new system using as many Corsair parts as possible. case, memory, PSU, water cooler, keyboard, mouse and RGB mouse mat. I have had QC issues with a mouse ( dead in new box ), bad cable with water cooler, fan with case that started howling like a banshee after 90 days use ( not continuous ) and a loose piece of wire on a dust screen that snagged, also after 90 days use. Those hardware issues combined with a lack of attention to an update button that has been broken in software for a year makes me regret going all-in with Corsair. At least my RMI hasn't fried my motherboard or set my desk on fire...

Hint to Corsair: Fix or remove the button. Publish update.

Paul Jaruszewski

Archived