Corsair Community

16 GB

der_lockere

Having the same issue here with CMSA16GX3M2A1333C9.

Getting random kernel panics. Checked it with rember and after several loops there are always errors coming up. (See below)

Using the former 2x4GB sticks from Corsair no problem exists

Should I RMA both sticks as I purchased them together?

Cheers, S.

What is the model of your MAC? Is it a desktop and laptop?

It is a MBP (MacBookPro8,2 / MC723) --> laptop.

But I also tried it in the Mac Mini (Desktop, Macmini5,3) and got the same issues.

Both models are listed as compatible here: http://www.corsair.com/memory/mac-memory-upgrades/corsair-mac-memory-16gb-dual-channel-ddr3-sodimm-memory-kit-cmsa16gx3m2a1333c9.html

Cheers, S.

• Corsair Employee

der_lockere,

This had been reported and we are looking into this now all I can tell you is that these modules were tested on an Apple system at Apple using and passed testing. The testing that is done is done with an Apple based Memory test that is close to memtest. And from what I have been told Apple is insisting that there are no MacBook Pro systems on the market that will support more than 8 Gig total or 2 x 4.0 Gig modules. So for now I would suggest using only Apple qualified memory by Apple for that system..

HenrikJ

For you that is a little different as those modules should work as long as your system is listed in the Link posted previously.

der_lockere,

This had been reported and we are looking into this now all I can tell you is that these modules were tested on an Apple system at Apple using and passed testing. The testing that is done is done with an Apple based Memory test that is close to memtest. And from what I have been told Apple is insisting that there are no MacBook Pro systems on the market that will support more than 8 Gig total or 2 x 4.0 Gig modules. So for now I would suggest using only Apple qualified memory by Apple for that system..

HenrikJ

For you that is a little different as those modules should work as long as your system is listed in the Link posted previously.

Thank you for your reply.

I do however, not totally get the point where's the difference between HenrikJ's and my Macbook Pro ? Both share the same chipset and are listed in the Link as compatible??

Do you think that it is possible to update the listing on the webpage of the cmsa16gx3m2a1333c9 product? Because this might be misleading for customers as me who checked the page and based his buying decision on this information.

However, I see the point and won't be using the 16GB option :(

Not knowing what to do with the sticks then ........

Archived