Corsair Community

Updating firmware on LINK 2.X.X

Toasted

If you are unfamiliar with firmware updating. This thread should help you.

If you experience any issues or do not understand something, feel free to post here.

This is an updated guide from the original thread "Corsair Link Firmware Guide!" with screenshots.

1. Check the Corsair LINK sub-forum and check if there is a firmware update available. To check your current device firmware, click the "Options" tab and "Devices".

2. Download the firmware update file and unzip it to your desktop.

3. To open the firmware updater, go to the Devices tab under Options.

It should look like this;

attachment.php?attachmentid=11593&stc=1&d=1352201499

Note: A notification will show telling you Corsair Link will close to update the firmware. Click yes and save your profile. The firmware updater will now launch.

4. The firmware updater looks like this;

attachment.php?attachmentid=11594&stc=1&d=1352201485

To select the device that needs to be updated, Click the drop-down menu. If you only see Corsair Commander and H80i/H100i, click the arrow next to it to expand the devices connected to the Commander unit.

Example image for the drop-down menu.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11682&stc=1&d=1353386756

Next, locate the .s19 firmware update file for the device you have selected. In this case, It would be the desktop if you unzipped it there.

5. Once you have selected your device and firmware update file. The screen should look like this. You are now ready to click "Start".

attachment.php?attachmentid=11595&stc=1&d=1352201488

6. You will know that the firmware update has completed when you see "Status:Bootloader done".

attachment.php?attachmentid=11596&stc=1&d=1352201491

You have now updated your device is now updated to the firmware.

For reference,

Device = File Name

Corsair Commander = CorsairLinkUSBFW

Corsair Cooling Node = CorsairCoolingFW

Corsair Lighting Node = CorsairLightingFW

Corsair H80/H100 = CorsairHydroFW

Source: Corsair Link Firmware Guide!

1.thumb.png.0c60d047880bd12b9ddf4fac2387ab8f.png

2.png.ec401b708be4c3219a63805874b54218.png

3.png.ca549380976cb8803ba055c4fb197b9b.png

4.png.a19338d752802ac2b825a2e892f0ff39.png

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
What if your Commander isn't even being recognized by your system and not showing up in your devices? I have 3 USB headers on my MB and I have tried 2 of the 3. Has the like been post somewhere for the commander firmware, I don't see it on the Corsair website. Is it automatically included in the Link2 software? I'm running V2.3.4816 http://dxfxhouse.com/images/link2.PNG

I found the link to download the Firmware but I don't think it's installing correctly. I'm receiving a commander failed to reset error not sure what that means? And I've installed the new beta software. Still not working Link commander still not showing up in my devices.

• 4 months later...
What if your Commander isn't even being recognized by your system and not showing up in your devices? I have 3 USB headers on my MB and I have tried 2 of the 3. Has the like been post somewhere for the commander firmware, I don't see it on the Corsair website. Is it automatically included in the Link2 software? I'm running V2.3.4816 http://dxfxhouse.com/images/link2.PNG

where did u find the button for firmware update?

• 3 weeks later...
My commander, outside of system crashes and lack of accurate controls, doesn't see the cooling nodes so I can't update one of the 3.

i had a like problem gtx and i got around it by unplugging the extra nodes and leaving only the node to be updated connected...

Archived