Corsair Community

H150i Pro push pull space question in 570x

Ragman88

Yo,

So I’m scheming on getting the H150i Pro but am second guessing whether I’ll have enough room. Specifically do one of you guys know if the 360 rad will fit in the front of my 570x case with 6 HD120’s in push pull AND with 2 HD140”s on the top?

I’m worried that the size of the HD140’s up top will block the installation of the top pull HD120 fan attached to the rad inside the case (not enough clearance).

I’m about to install the HD140’s tomorrow (two HD120 fans are there now) but haven’t ordered the AIO yet.

I was assuming it will fit but now I’m bot sure. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Yes, it will. Zotty's planning to do exactly that when he gets his H150.

Exciting times!!.. sat in window waiting for the post man right now!.. Will Today be the day??

Re Op's question/worries

It will be tight but doable dude.. I currently have have h100i v2 push/pull in that spot.. I did have hd140's up top for a while and yes fitting was tight but have since moved over to all LL120m fans in the case and HD's on the back of the Rad.. might be a little easier with the H150 due to the thinner pipes..

Re fitting,,,,

I fitted the cooler and its fans first and then slid the 140's into place up top if that makes sense

9q939vbh.jpg

Awesome, great! Thanks for the feedback! I know that the HD120's would fit since I've seen that configuration on multiple rigs. But I wasn't sure if the size of the HD140's up top would change things.

Thanks!

No Probs bud..... Good Luck with your Quest :)

Hey, while we're here, how are the fans actually attached to the AIO on a push/pull set-up? Do I need to use long screws through the fans on both sides into the radiator? If so, where do I get those screws?

I'm assuming that standard case screws won't be long enough to go through the fan and attach to the AIO, so that long screws will be needed from both sides. Is that right? Thanks!

Could you please tell us later how much better it will be on the H150i Pro using push / pull? I plan it too and just use push.

Many Thanks...

No huge increase tbh.. small amounts of temp drop.. most of us do it for aesthetics :)

For the aesthetics?

Because it Looks good?

Fmy half motherboard and the pump are hidden

It would also foul on the RAM in Your case

but unfortunately it is not airtight on the sides.

I prefer this as it allows hot air to escape if you are running it as positive pressure (more air coming in than being exhausted), This makes for a much less dust/fluff situation ;)

When I installed an AIO with the fans on top (not push/pull) I found it difficult to line everything up to use the long screws, so I screwed the fans to the top of the rad (using short screws and a thin screwdriver through the top set of fan holes to reach the screws) then mounted it into the case using more short screws. I hope that makes sense.

Archived