Corsair Community

H115i overheating CPU and not showing in corsair link

StiGi

Hey,

Had perfectly working PC with AMD stock cooler and then I installed H115i.

(Not my first build)

Installed the H115i with user guide and I have:

1 wire 3 pin in cpu_fan

2 fans in 3 pin and 4 pin from pump

Sata connected

And USB in jusb1

Started PC in to bios and fans spinned like crazy and temp went to +85°C.

Went to windows still and installed Corsair Link and it installed component drivers too. Cannot see H115i in link or do nothing to it. Temps ware still +85°C. Turned of PC and tried older software for Corsair Link. Nothing worked. IDLE Temps +85°C.

Started to changing USB headers and nothing until I accidentally missed first two pins those are VCC pins. At that moment fans went slower and temps started to set down and now idle is 24°C.

Still cant get H115i to show up in windows or Corsair link...

Anyone have any ideas? Cant find any solution my self.

Now I can use it, but cant change fans speed or rgb colors

• 4 weeks later...

So. I was here hoping that someone would say something..

In picture I have adapter from USB 3 female to USB 2 male.

If I connect USB correct way. Lights will turn on, temps go to +90c, but cant find cooler in windows.

Only way I get pump working and temps going down. Is miss plug the connector like in the picture. So missing 2 VCC pins helps. Temps went under 30c and fans stopped spinning like crazy

Still I cant find cooler in windows or LINK

339297199_USB3.0femaletoUSB2male.thumb.jpg.c691d43623d9ac5f85241d92b12faf30.jpg

From the sound of it, that adapter is miswired or just plain bad.

You should have 2 internal USB headers on that motherboard ... why are you using the adapter? Have you plugged in to one of the internal headers?

If you have a mini USB cable, you can try plugging that in and running it to a USB port on the back of the motherboard.

From the sound of it, that adapter is miswired or just plain bad.

You should have 2 internal USB headers on that motherboard ... why are you using the adapter? Have you plugged in to one of the internal headers?

If you have a mini USB cable, you can try plugging that in and running it to a USB port on the back of the motherboard.

Used adapter because, it did the same thing with internal USB headers. I had to miss plug it the same way to make it even work a little. So i tried using USB 3, but it didn't make difference.

Tried different cable too. From the pump to external USB port.

It sounds to me as though the controller in the pump housing is FUBAR, I would start a ticket in the link at the top of the page to see if Corsair have any ideas, but I think that you may be looking at an RMA, either to Corsair or the company that you bought it from.

Archived