Corsair Community

k70 Rapidfire, strange build of buttons which make it uncomfortable to use.

I have also created this topic on the keyboard and mice subforum aswell as sent a ticket for customer support which i have no update so far so i would like to get if possible a response from here because the money i paid for this product are not little and i am not pleased to having to stick with something i can't get used to, i am sorry i tried at least.

Hello people at Corsair, first of all i have to say that your quality in the products you offer is very pleasant and i must say that i am glad i have finally left behind that joke of a brand called Razer.

Owner of a Void pro, scimitar pro and the k70 rapidfire so far as well as 2x vengeace 8gb ram sticks.

I am typing from my K70 Rapidfire right now which i have for about 3 weeks and i really like so far but i cant stand a few small details about it since i can't get used to them which made me create this topic towards you.

1) What's the deal with the smaller Shift button and the extra / | button near Z ?

2) Why is the Enter button so big? it's hiding a lot of RGB lights because of how flat it is compared to the keyboard you're showing on the box of the keyboard which is completely different than what it is in the Box, this is not pleasant surprise to be honest and the keyboard i expected to get was the one shown in the Box.

3) It's causing me a lot of typos so far when i try to press Z or Shift because i never really had experienced something like this with another keyboard so far, the shift is about 1/3 bigger than a regular key which is very hard for me to use in many situations where i am used to having my shift button big, it's my main button to bindings in games like world of warcraft and when i am usually playing FPS games for the slow moving and on top of it controlling my caps lock and writting in general.

It is not a cheap keyboard as it comes in the price of 170 euros and i really never had or saw a keyboard where the main keys such as those were built different on it.

I must admit i didn't wanna make a fuss and tried to adjust to it but i simply can't stand the small shift button :(

All i was expecting was what i saw on the box :/

https://imgur.com/a/5wsq7BU

https://imgur.com/a/eCSC0yD

The number of the ticket is #739589

Archived