Corsair Community

Corsair 780T new case and cooling

radioguy728

Hi Guys, I am wanting to buy the Corsair 780T case and also buy the H100I v2

or H115 for liquid cooling the cpu.

Will also be using one evga 1080ti Ftw3 on air only.

my question is, does this case provide enough cooling?

One case fan in the back and my PSU is set on eco mode evga 1000w

I will mount the radiator on top

Not looking for silent operation, maximum cooling

Thank you in advance

The 280mm would be the better choice and it fits naturally up top. It's a pretty decent size case and the front in, top/rear out flow is pretty much standard for all of us. It's got some height to keep the radiator out of the Ti's heat zone. I can't really think of something that would be an improvement, other than the gigantic 900/1000D types and that is based simply on volume of air.

• 3 weeks later...

In the top easily and that would be my first choice. Front mount is theoretically possible, but kind of dicey on hose length. Most people might object to having really taught hoses straining to reach the front and on a case of that size, there are minimal penalties for putting it up top.

I would also recommend the H115i PRO, if it is available and within your budget. It is going to be slightly more than the H115 predecessor, but I would consider that money well spent.

Thanks guys

I am coming from an old antec 1200 case

I did some research on cases.

Allot of them look very stylish with RGB and glass doors but that's not really me

For some reason this seems to be a very hard choice for a new case.

Looking at the corsair H115i or the H115 pro

does the H115i pro use quiter fans?

The corsair 760T case and the h115i feels like a good choice.

Wondering if I would need to change the system fans for a little more CFM's.

I want to try to achieve a neutral air flow or close as possible.

Yes, the H115i Pro uses a lower limit version of the ML Pro fan (2000 vs 1200 rpm). I guess we are calling it he ML-Quiet. They are non-rgb, but oh some much more pleasant the the predecessor SP140L. Even if you plan on replacing the fans with something else, I would still encourage you to go with the H115i Pro. As for higher RPM fans, no you won't need them unless you are going for a super high core count and have a lot of intense CPU rendering to do. My 8700K runs at 5.0 and I can let the fans float around 700-800 rpm with a teeny tiny 4C coolant delta. It doesn't get any lower than that without extreme measures.

Not trying to sound redundant about case cooling

What would be a great choice for fans.?

The 780T comes with 3 fans 2 in the front and 1 in the back.

I think I will need to replace the 2 in the front with 2 good SP fans either corsair or noctua

and replace the 140mm fans on the H115i for top mounted liquid cooler.

Or would it work fine temp wise using the stock fans it comes with?

As far as hooking up the fans I have the asus 7 maximus hero M.B.

not sure how many PWM's on that board

My 1080 ti would give off the most heat in this build.

All ideas and suggestions are welcome, I am just not sure the best way to go with this case

Thank you again

• 2 weeks later...
Not trying to sound redundant about case cooling

What would be a great choice for fans.?

The 780T comes with 3 fans 2 in the front and 1 in the back.

I think I will need to replace the 2 in the front with 2 good SP fans either corsair or noctua

and replace the 140mm fans on the H115i for top mounted liquid cooler.

Or would it work fine temp wise using the stock fans it comes with?

As far as hooking up the fans I have the asus 7 maximus hero M.B.

not sure how many PWM's on that board

My 1080 ti would give off the most heat in this build.

Sorry missed the last reply. I do not think you need to change the front airflow fans on the 780T unless you are going to block the front intake with HDDs. The stock fans are AF140s are perfectly capable of good quiet airflow. Obviously if you want to experiment with different fans, go right ahead, but I would let it ride for a little while and see how things turn out.

Radiators fans - These I would be more inclined to change, especially when top mounted and inverted. Those stock SP140L are not my favorite. Lots of choices. The clear one from Corsair is the ML140 series, Pro, LED, or RGB. Don't casually jump into the RGB mess unless you are ready to spend more money. There are definite requirements.

Rear fan - I can't remember if you get one or not. Another good place for a wide air flow draw AF140.

Will a Evga CL280 rad fit on top with the Corsair 760T case

As far as holes lining up?

It should. The 780T has the "stretched ovals" on the 140mm holes to accommodate 15 and 20mm spacing. Also, the product referenced is Asetek based, just like the H115i and Pro models and should have the same spacing.

• 1 month later...

Thank you C-attack, here is what i ended up doing.

Took off the cl280 and replaced it with the 150I pro wow what a difference in noise much better and the temps are good, also i put 2 ML 140 in the front

maybe a little over kill, i leave the fan speed on 1 and a vortex 140 rear exhaust.Now the 1080TI is happy when gaming

Oooh, are you using ML fans on the 780T case fan controller? You don't want to do that. The case controller is a DC voltage altering controller meant for 3 pin fans. While you can get away with running some PWM fans in DC mode, the ML series is not one of them. You need the full 12v to make the magnetic levitation bearing do its thing, otherwise it is going to get grindy. There is nothing wrong with using ML fans in the front intake, but you are going to want them on the motherboard or other PWM controller.

Yes, all your motherboard headers should be PWM capable. The fan needs the 12v to make the bearing work. If you really like using the case controller, you can put the AF140L fans back on. I don't think there should be any meaningful cooling difference unless the front is blocked up with a lot of stuff. Either way, this is something you can decide on sound and convenience. It will not drastically alter your case performance.

I will try the MB headers for the ML 140's.

Other wise maybe a fan controller , if needed?

Here is the issue, Before i purchased this case I got a little fan happy

2 NF-A14 PWM 4-pin and 2 NF A14 FLX 3 pin and 1- vortex PWM 4-pin on the case controller for rear exhaust, so I am not sure the best route to take ?

My bad, i did not try any of the stock fans that came with the case.

Thank you again C-attack

The A14 FLX or any other 3 pin DC will work. It does not have to be the stock AF140s. Also, I believe the PWM Noctua can also be run in DC mode so those should work as well. Not all PWM fans can run in DC mode, but Noctua are usually safe. It is the unique powered bearing design of the ML that necessitates a constant 12v.

Archived