Corsair Community

just a blink

fbii

There has been an obvious revision of the CUE page since the (POST ID # = 796412)

of 2015 as this bears upon my request. I am trying to make just one key RED

and blink on 1 sec and off 250ms. I assume that there is such a thing as a

'foreground lighting editor' but I have searched my CUE v2.24.35 and can not

find it.

Perhaps someone could give an in depth response as to how to do it. I can assign

a key to a 'static color' but that is all. The idea is to make it blink.

Any help would really be appreciated!

fbii

(PS: It is probably something simple and I shall forever be named "Simpleton" :[pouts:

So this level of customization is only in Advanced Mode, so you'll need to find the switch on the top right of CUE.

Next, go into your lightings and create a new effect. Choose Solid and select it for the key you want.

On the graph, create 2 Lighting Objects (the "+" in the bottom left".

Then place the lighting objects with 1 on the very left and one in the middle of the graph. This means that for the first half of the effect, there will be lighting and the empty space on the graph means there is no lighting for that duration.

Set the time of the effect (bottom left) to .5 seconds, so since half of the effect is showing, it'll be 250ms.

Set the color to red and that should be good.

You may not have the same pre-defined lighting effects available in Advanced mode, but you can fiddle around with it and make something you like. Let me know if you have any questions.

"You may not have the same pre-defined lighting effects available in Advanced mode, but you can fiddle around with it and make something you like. Let me know if you have any questions."

xMacias,

I do not have any questions at the moment but do have an overwhelming desire to yell "THANK YOU VERY MUCH". I was looking at the word 'Advanced' and since it was showing I thought I was in advanced mode. Dummy me! It has to be clicked and highlighted to go to that mode. Once there, it was a no brainer. Again thanks for the quick reply!

fbii:laughing:

Archived