Corsair Community

Docs for K95 RGB and/or Cue 2.6.70

DeanWaters

Greetings. I've just purchased a K95 RGB and have it installed along with the CUE 2.6.70. First off, the user manual downloaded from the Corsair.com site looks nothing like the Cue that's installed. I'm guessing the manual was written for an older version. The pics in the manual show Profiles/Actions/Lighting/Settings as a series of menus along the top of the screen. I see nothing like that. That's the easy part. The hard part is there is no capability that I can see in CUE 2 that references Modes. I can setup new Profiles, and that's it. Also, I cannot assign anything to the M1, M2, and M3 buttons. The MR button lights up when I press it, but M1, M2, and M3 don't actually do anything. The little icons that allow you to save settings to M1, M2, and M3 don't do anything either. I know those keys physically work because they do the color ripple lighting effect when I press them. Also, for simplicity, I've created a new Profile called Calc with static lighting setup on the number keys. I've associated this Profile to c:\Windows\System32\Calc.exe. But it never auto-switches when I run Calc. Also, there is no profile switch icon option when I right-click the icon in the task bar. I have to open up Cue fully to switch profiles. Again, no such thing as "modes" in Cue.

To me, this is a great example of hardware designers doing their part and creating a great product, and a software design team completely falling on its face and ruining the whole thing. I've got several frustrating hours into this thing already. Is it just me, or did Corsair royally screw the pooch on this one?

As you already figured out the manual was made for CUE 1.x while CUE 2.x came out not too long ago and Corsair is still improving on it. Honestly I haven't seen an updated manual out for it yet, thought I didn't search hard for it either so I might have missed it.

Your best option is to look at this subforum: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=276. This is the CUE 2.x open beta forum that contains a huge amount of information on the new version, there is also a sticky thread with some video tutorials that will help you get started. For any CUE 2.x related question you should post there.

These videos are quite useful. So a few quick questions:

1) Are Modes gone in Cue 2? I don't see any mention of them in the videos listed here, nor in the videos at the Cue 2 sub-forum.

2) Is automatic profile switching gone? I can set a profile to a program, but nothing happens when I run the program.

3) Do the M1, M2, and M3's serve any purpose? I can't save anything to them, nor can I select them. They don't respond when I press them.

Thanks

Dean

Is Cue 2 still considered beta? It's the one that downloads from the main Corsair page, so I'm assuming it's fully baked. If it's still in beta and the features aren't all there yet, can I downgrade to Cue 1 until Cue 2 is an actual product? Not sure what's the best approach here.

Hi

I love my keyboard but without a manal 2.6 CUE is useless. If you have just brought a new product that comes with 2.6 don't install it look under corsair support, downloads, keyboard and download 1.16.42 and the guide. I have tried to use videos and have spent hours trying to workout 2.6 and for the second time im going back to 1.16. Please Corsair get a manual done for new CUE.

tc

chewy

Some feature have been removed. I cannot used 2.6 useless for me too,

There is no guide, some feature are broken, after 15 minutes trying I was already pissed off... back to 1.6.42, your video cue2 101 is 4 minutes and the rest is black empty for 7 minutes really poor, my review of this new software is 4/10, work on it, me comeback in 1 year

Some feature have been removed. I cannot used 2.6 useless for me too,

There is no guide, some feature are broken, after 15 minutes trying I was already pissed off... back to 1.6.42, your video cue2 101 is 4 minutes and the rest is black empty for 7 minutes really poor, my review of this new software is 4/10, work on it, me comeback in 1 year

Which features were you using that have been removed? And which are the features broken for you? Without more details it is hard for the developers to look into it.

Archived