Corsair Community

best ram for P4 3.0 and Asus P4C800-E DELUXE?

redmist

hi- i'm sure this has been asked before- but i want to hear it (see it) for myself. i am using my computer mostly for photoshop, music, and games :) i'm am planning on running XP and although i'd like to overclock some- i might not as i've heard that the P4 3.0 isn't a great overclocker. what ram should i buy with money not a consideration? any other alternatives? :):

• Corsair Employee
Welcome to the forum! The best choice would be, if you can find them XMS3500C2 or Twinx1024-3200LL and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. Or if your CPU will run it Twinx1024-3700 would also work well with this MB and CPU.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]Welcome to the forum! Or if your CPU will run it Twinx1024-3700 would also work well with this MB and CPU. [/B][/QUOTE] thank you for the welcome- what exactly do you mean when you say if my cpu will run it? this is the cpu i am going to buy: Intel Pentium 4/ 3.0C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - OEM Specification Model: Intel Pentium 4 3.0C w/ Hyper Threading Core: Northwood Operating Frequency: 3.0GHz FSB: 800MHz Cache: L1/12K+8K; L2/512K Voltage: 1.525V Process: 0.13Micron Socket: Socket 478 Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2 :):

Hi redmist I also have a p4@3Ghz on p4c800e. Since I wanted to experiment with oveclocking, I got 2 dimms of xms3500c2. The memory runs fine 2/3/3/6 at FSB 217. But my system generates a LOT of heat. I'm not going to overclock on a regular basis again, I prefer a more quiet system. So now I kind of regret not having gone for the 3200LL...

Archived