Corsair Community

TWINX512-3200LL in Asus P4PE

nod

Hello Gurus, I have an Asus P4PE with TWINX512-3200LL RAM installed (basically 2 X 256). Questions: 1) Is this RAM single-sided or double-sided? I'd like to upgrade the amount of RAM I've got, but I understand that if it's double-sided, I'm already maxed on the MOBO even though I've got another slot open. 2) Is there anything special I can be doing in my MOBO BIOS to be taking advantage of this high quality RAM? I'm running a P4 2.53. Thanks alot!

• Corsair Employee
Welcome to the forum! 1. If the modules part# is CMX256A-2700LL then they are single sided. If there is no "A" (CMX256-2700LL then they are double sided. But As I remember we changed to single sided before we released Twinx so they should be single sided. 2. The MB you have is not dual channel so running 2 modules may require that you relax the timings a bit. I would test the system with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and probably a safe setting would be Cass 2-3-3-6 with the Dim Voltage set to 2.7 Volts or with 3 modules. But you can try a little more aggressive like Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3"

Archived