Corsair Community

Monitor coming out of Sleep Mode with HDMI

Darc

So I have my C1 connected to 2 monitors. One via Displayport and the other via HDMI. Both monitors are brand new and the same model (LG 27UK600). I'm having an issue with the one connected by HDMI.

When I leave the monitors alone they go into sleep mode/screen saver mode after 10 minutes. When I move my mouse or press my keyboard to wake them, the one connected via Displayport wakes up quickly. However, the one connected via HDMI does not.

It registers the activity like the first monitor and turns the screen back on but stays blank. Then it gives me the "No Signal Found" message and shortly after it comes back on. I've attached a video to better show the issue.

[ame]

[/ame]

This isn't the biggest issue, its just kind of annoying. I know I can change the sleep setting to have the monitors never go to sleep. But, if I can, I'd like to actually use screen saver mode.

I know the C1 has 2 Displayport ports, but I can't run both through Displayport as I need 1 Displayport free for my Wacom tablet.

(Note: This doesn't happen when I try to wake the monitors right after they've gone into sleep mode. It only happens when they've been in sleep mode over a minute)

I'm not sure if this has something to do with how the C1 manages power. I noticed when I shutdown it completely kills the power to any peripherals. My old PC would still give power to whatever was plugged in, even when shut down.

This also causes my headset to always be my default audio output when booting up. Previously, even when the computer was shut down, the headset mixer wouldn't lose power, so it kept its setting from before the machine was shut down. Now everything is going from a hard reset whenever I boot up. So I need to press the button on my headset mixer whenever I boot up to turn it off and then my speakers become the default.

Is there a way I can adjust the power settings in BIOS or something?

The monitors don't get their power from the computer though, so I'm not sure if these issues are related.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

looking at the video, I don't see any problem. You are using 2 monitors, your main monitor will obviously have display during log on screen, your 2nd monitor won't have anything to display unless you have already logged in. The 2nd monitor shows "no display" connected after a couple seconds after your computer woke up but you didn't log in is because of your monitor power saving mode. As you can see in your video, after you logged in, your 2nd monitor start displaying your desktop.

Your headset will be your default playback source if you have it connected and it was set as the default playback device before you shut down your computer.

I'm not sure you understood the problem. I am logged in. This isn't something that is happening after I boot up. I know the secondary monitor won't respond until I log in.

What the video shows is me already logged in, both screens in screensaver mode from me being AFK for 10 mins. Then I bump my mouse to bring them out of screen saver and one responds instantly. The main monitor is actually the one that doesn't respond (the one plugged in via HDMI). It takes about 17 extra seconds to come out of screen saver mode.

I don't log in or do anything at all. I bump my mouse then wait about 20 seconds for one of my monitors to come out of screen saver mode, while the other does it within seconds, like its supposed to.

Like I say, it tries to connect, can't find the connection and gives the "no signal" screen, then suddenly find its and connects. It does this every time. I just have to wait almost 20 seconds for it to go through this process.

I'm tempted to write a sarcastic, annoyed response but I know that's not helpful to either of us.

I just find it frustrating that I've come here with a legitimate problem and the only response I get is someone dismissing it. Assuming that I'm so computer illiterate, that I don't understand how a log in screen works.

I know the secondary monitor won't work until I'm logged in. I think I did a decent job of explaining what the issue actually is in the initial post.

I get the impression you skimmed it, watched the video quickly, made an assumption, then explained something completely unrelated to the problem.

I understand people can be irrational and overly emotional about tech support issues on the internet. My intention isn't to make anyone's life hard or harass any corsair support staff.

But I do like to think that once I've clarified what my issue actually is, it won't be ignored. The main monitor taking almost 20 additional seconds to come out of screen saver mode, while the secondary monitor does it within seconds is not normal. It is a problem. I would like a solution.

• Corsair Employee

hey there, I see what you are saying. My apologies for not understanding the issue initially. It's a hectic season for the all of us in support, we are certainly not trying to ignore you :)

Your issue is very peculiar, it's hard to pin-point what the cause is unless we have the unit in our possession. Can you create a ticket on our support site and PM me the ticket number afterward, we will get you a replacement unit.

This isn’t going to be very helpful, but I came across your post by Googling for a solution to an almost identical problem. So I have the exact same monitor as you (x1) and I have this problem in macOS, but not in Windows. To add to the confusion, if I switch to HDMI input 2 the issue resolves itself immediately (maybe try this?). Because of the confusing nature of the issue, which seems to be both hardware and software related, I’ve been weary to exchange it for another one since I bought it online and that would involve shipping and handling.

Let me know if you find any more information on this. I’ve tried all the Apple suggested recommendations like smc/nvram resets, different cables, inputs, etc. and nothing works except using HDMI input 2.

I have no idea what I did, but the problem seems to have resolved itself.

The HDMI monitor still takes a second or so longer than the Displayport monitor to come on. But its not 17 seconds anymore and there's no "no signal" message.

I think I've update a graphics driver. I've also kept everything plugged in consistently. I used to unplug and re-plug in the tablet. Now I just have it plugged in full time.

For whatever reason, the computer recognises the monitor, even after waking from sleep mode. It knows the HDMI monitor is there, it just takes a little longer than the Displayport monitor to wake up.

I'm sure this isn't helpful info. Sorry about that. I am pleased that the issue appears to be resolved though.

Archived